Easy Onions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ikinya6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Russellville, Arkansas
I didn't see a posting for these, yet, so here goes.

I don't recall where I got the idea for these, but I fix them just about every time I grill.

Get a few medium sized yellow onions (vidalias are great). Don't worry about peeling them, or lopping off the stem end. Just quarter them. But don't actually separate them. (Kind of like a bloomin' onion) Place them on foil, and season them. I like celery salt. Then wrap them up, leaving the top partially open. Pour a little bit of olive oil into it. Then just set them on the grill, close to the heat, but not directly over any. Go ahead and cook around them. They usually take about ten minutes until the onion is mostly clear and tender.

I am a beginner to smoking, so I haven't tried them on the smoker yet.

I have gotten a lot of good response from impressed guests, and my wife insists on them every time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky