Easter Rona Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
The wife and I tested positive for Covid on March 29. I felt bad for a couple of days and am making a slow recovery. She was hospitalized for 5 days and now recovering at home. But that's another post. In the mean time I had to cook for Easter( for me and our youngest daughter on quarentine time). Had a hankering for ribs . Rubbed the trimmings with Meat Church Holy Vudoo and the ribs with SPG and Big Moe Cason comp rib rub . Smoked with pecan chunks at 225 and decided no wrap this cook. Didn't get the usual draw back but nice bite thru. Loved the flavor of both rubs....Vudoo has a nice kick ! Wife had no taste or smell so an opportunity to add some heat.
Added some bb, squash and sweet potato.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Rona ribs in grill.jpg
    Rona ribs in grill.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 18
  • Rona ribs 2.jpg
    Rona ribs 2.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Rona ribs cutting board.jpg
    Rona ribs cutting board.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 24
  • Plated Rona ribs.jpg
    Plated Rona ribs.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 22
Those ribs are beautiful. I really like voodoo and have used it on ribs. Hope for a full recovery for you and the wife!

Thanks Jake. Yeah I like it on popcorn. She's been home a week and now is only using the additional O2 during the nightime. Slowly but surely right ?

Thanks Jake. Yeah I like it on popcorn. She's been home a week and now is only using the additional O2 during the nightime. Slowly but surely right ?
That's a good thing. Brother in law spent 10 days in hospital with it before Christmas. He's still dragging around an oxygen tank

Yes sir it's tough watching a loved one drag that tank around. But we're thankful. So many others haven't faired as well. Hope he improves !

Reactions: TNJAKE
Glad to hear that your wife made it through to the other side, and hope her recovery continues. Our family had it in over Thanksgiving. We did everything right for eight months and then our son brought it home from daycare. Our cases were fortunately mild.

Those ribs look damn fine!

Some fine looking slabs there, nice color and pullback, Like! Great to hear your family is all back home and on the mend. RAY

Hope you both get and stay healthy! Ribs look great! I never wrap ribs. Yours look delish!

Glad to hear that your wife made it through to the other side, and hope her recovery continues. Our family had it in over Thanksgiving. We did everything right for eight months and then our son brought it home from daycare. Our cases were fortunately mild.

Those ribs look damn fine!
Thanks. Yep managed to somehow avoid it for a yr. I provide group benefits to businesses and always mask up and sanitize. We even had our 1st round of the vaccine befeore it caught us.

Some fine looking slabs there, nice color and pullback, Like! Great to hear your family is all back home and on the mend. RAY
Thanks Ray they were pretty tasty,,,,just not to her lol. Hopefully the worst is over

Thanks and my wrapping days might be fewer after that experience !
I havent wrapped anything except the pulled chuck that I put in a foil pan - pretty sure that is required to get it pullable.

No wrap ribs, briskets, and pork butt are all great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky