Easter Roasted Stuffed Leg of Lamb (Air Fryer) Piñata with Spanakopita Stuffed Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Decided to do a Roasted Stuff Leg of Lamb using our air fryer for Easter. To keep it festive, Mrs. Wurtz and I decided to do a Mediterranean style stuffing using roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes with spices with a Spanakopita Stuffed Baked Potato. Everything was going along great until it came time to tie the leg of lamb.... no butcher string to be had in the entire house?!

So, we reapplied the netting as tight as we could. In theory it worked great, but you see in the photos below, once out of the net, it transformed from a beautiful roast to an open roasted Lamb Piñata! I have to say that not all of the stuffing fell out, but enough did so spread on the sliced lamb when plated. Inserted a probe to see if it would work with the AF. Exercise in futility.

As you see in the rest photo, there was still a good bit of moisture from the lamb, mainly olive oil from the artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, and sun dried tomatoes. Each had a different spice/flavor base so I decided to use some of each as well as the basic olive oil rub. The result was a very moist and flavorful leg of lamb. With some of the peppers/hearts falling out, they became garnish on the stuffed baked potatoes. An added layer of flavor plus it looked nice.

I've attached the recipes as pdf files to make it easier to download if you want to use them. The lamb lasted us for three meals after Easter. And it was a lot of fun to see how many ways you can serve left over lamb! Thanks for staying with me on the long thread. Next time I'm going to use the same basic recipe only put it into the smoker and on the rotisserie for a different flavor and presentation.🍻

John

Spiced .jpg
Oiled & Spice

Peppers Added.jpg
Roasted Peppers Added

Artichoke Hearts.jpg
Artichoke Hearts Added

Renetting.jpg
Netting Reapplied

In AF with Probe.jpg
In AF

Out of AF.jpg
Initial Rest

Lamb piñata.jpg
Lamb Piñata Time

Sliced - rested 15 mins.jpg
Sliced after 15 min Rest

Spanakopita Sauce.jpg
Spanakopita Filling

Final Plate.jpg

Final Plate

Attachments

• Roasted Stuffed Leg of Lamb - Air Fryer Recipe.pdf
    591.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Spanakopita Stuffing Recipe.pdf
    409.3 KB · Views: 13
smokerjim, tropics, PolishDeli, JLeonard many thanks for the likes ya'll sent our way. Dee (Mrs. Wurtz) and I really appreciate the positive support. smokerjim, the meal turned out beyond expectations. It was what we were hoping for, but, not really expecting since this was my "experiment" as Dee tells me. We will do again this only the next time I'll use some butcher twine!!!! LOL!🍻

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky