Easter pulled pork leftovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thsmormonsmokes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Lindon, UT
Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted and it's been a while since I've smoked anything. So I changed that on Easter.

Had a big family BBQ and Easter egg hunt at our place. I did pulled pork. Pretty good stuff, although it was still not the easiest to pull even though I took the IT to 202. Whatever, it tasted great and everyone had a good time.

I even tried my hand at watermelon carving. It's harder than it looks.

Anywho, here are a few discoveries. One, if you microwave pulled pork with a glass of boiling water, it goes a long way toward preventing the biker from making the texture go to crap.

Last, I just used a pressure cooker to make a black bean and pork soup. It was super good. Here's my rough recipe, if you're interested.

3tbsp EVOO
1 chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
Appropriate amounts of pork
2 cups rinsed black beans
6 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onions in the pressure cooker pot until soft. Add in garlic and pork. Sauté a few more minutes. Then add beans and water. Close it up and bring it to pressure. Cook at high pressure about 35 minutes. Let it stand another 5 or so before de-pressurizing the cooker.

We garnished with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro. I forgot to buy green onions, or we'd have used those. It was super good. And I was surprised that it cooked the beans adequately so quickly.

It does turn the pork kinda purple though, so be ready for that.

Anyway, just a couple of ideas I thought I'd share.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky