Earthquake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Okay everyone. If you don't know,there was an earthquake this morning. I just thought that I could get some help here to see how far it was felt. It was centered near the Indiana, Illinois border. Who felt it, who didn't?

Sittn in the living room at 5:30 this morning , wide awake, and about to get on line and read awhile. Never noticed anything different here, cat never woke up. Then on the news people in my area are calling in and talking about doors moving, and being woke out of a deep sleep. Sumtin a little fishy bout dat! I guess everyone wants their ten minutes of fame!
icon_smile.gif

I din't feel it, but I guess my house did. Heard some strange noises from it. Must have moved a power pole a bit much up the road... was treated to a transformer giving up the ghost - IMPRESSIVE!

I am in Sevierville, TN about 350 miles SE from West Salem, IL. I did not feel anything. House must not have made any strange sounds or the dog would have barked.

I live in Clinton TN just north of Knoxville, and I slept thru it. I was told by someone at work this morning, that they heard / felt it sometime very early this morning. This person lives about 15 mins. east of Knoxville.

Cincinnati, Ohio here. a glass on the dining room table rattled and the photo on the walls vibrated a little that was around 5:38am DST

shaked rattled & rolled here this am but it wern't no quake-was 1 hot momma!

Up here in Osceola IN [extreme northern Indiana] I saw the curtains shake a little bit.I thought it was just the dog snoring again,but she woke up and started to bark.Woke up the wife also to make sure it was not her either.My Cubs flag stood tall through it all!!!

I'm in Liberty, Missouri (20 mins north of Kansas City) and I felt something this morning. Not sure if it was the earthquake or not. Could have been some left over sausage fatty taht I had for dinner the night before!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Got some co-workers all around the area.

Nashville, TN - did not notice.
Scottsville, KY - did not feel a thing
Valparaiso, IN - "It woke me and my wife both. The handles on our dresser drawers were all rattling like crazy - it lasted about 15 seconds."

I had heard on the radio this morning that there was approx. 20 reported earthquakes world wide between yesterday and this morning. Don't know how true it is. Will have to wait till after work and watch the news.
Andy.

I felt it, but then I'm only about 40 miles from the epicenter. I' ve been through a 7.0 in California and this felt just as strong. I'm hoping that that hickory in the back yard fell over.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky