Early brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin stro

Original poster
Aug 19, 2019
I threw 14lb brisket on my smoker at 1 am it is reading 205 at 9am when I probe it the probe is going through like butter. My issue is it won't be slicedtill 7 pm will it maintain in a cooler that long and still slice or am I looking at chopped brisket?

Place a reporting thermometer in the thickest part of the flat and monitor it. Doubt seriously it will stay above the safety 150º point for 10 hours, but don't fret. When it starts to approach that level place in an oven set to 170º.

Reactions: BigW. and chopsaw
Key point. Pull the brisket and let it sit OPEN on the counter for 10 minutes or so in order to stop the cooking. The IT should drop 5º or so. Then rewrap and place in cooler with extra towels for insulation. Head to oven when the temp approaches 150º.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky