Dyna glo vertical smoker temps way off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dan124947

Original poster
Oct 3, 2021
Not sure if anyone else here has a dynaglo vertical propane smoker but the temp gauge in the front is not even close to my Enzoo wireless thermometer. 100 degrees off. Sometimes they read close to the same within 15-20 degrees and other times the temp gauge on the unit itself will not go above 200. Even with the propane cranked all the way up. Anyone else have issues with the dyna glo temp gauge? Picture is my wireless temp with a probe on the grate at same level as smoker temp gauge. Temp on the left is the smoker temp. Temp on the right is the meat.

Attachments

• 51B7278F-7A95-40B2-8254-4E516F88CD2B.jpeg
    51B7278F-7A95-40B2-8254-4E516F88CD2B.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 24
The temp gauge that comes with most every unit is junk. Invest in a Tel-Tru thermometer and never worry much about it again. They usually use the cheapest company to make thermometer because they know most will use a digital or replace it anyhow.

Reactions: dan124947
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky