Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fireguy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Husker Country
Hey guys, Tried Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans a week back.. They are super... Everyone loved them, only problem is everyone wants to make them and they dont smoke. My question is have any of ya baked them in the oven? and are they stilll as tastey out of the oven as they are the smoker? Dang they were gooood!!!

I am sure they are good but it is the same as taking one of the ingredients out. Tell your friends to all get smokers and join SMF !!!

I made them in the oven once and they still came out great!

The recipe doesn't specify that you smoke them.
I believe that the it's saying if your already smoking you can use the smoker instead of the oven. Basically giving a time and temp variable

Ive tried that... I assume some of you have this same problem...My friends and family say why get one when Chad Can Smoke it...Well it is fun and gives me more practice, I guess???

I gave the recipie to a friend and he added some liquid smoke to it and cooked it an oven and he said it wasn't bad. I did not try it personally.

I'm sure they will be 'good' ....HOWEVER, hard to duplicate 2/3 hrs. of SMOKE.. as well as THE TASTY RIB SKIRTS (1.5 hrs. smoked & diced)...which IMHO MAKES THE BEANS!

Cough. . .gasp. . . sputter. . . .He added WHAT? ? ? Even I do them beans in the oven or in a crock pot but to add liquid smoke? NEVER!! (shudder)

And thanks for all the positive comments.

I was smoking some baby backs about a month ago and near the end of my smoke very conveniently we had some unexpected guests so I quickly pulled up dutch's recipe and did them on the stove top. I cooked the bacon and jalopeno's on the weber real quick. The came out great the people were raving about them, that was my first time making them. They will now become a staple when i smoke.

LMAO!!!
Welcome to my world
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
. I don't mind either as long as they supply their food and my beer
biggrin.gif

Dutches beans are a deffinate crowd pleaser. Made them a couple weeks back, a double batch. Barely enough leftovers for me to take home
wink.gif

I usually cook them in the oven and they always come out great.

I have smoked them & stove topped them,even in the oven & have come out great all times-I have never or will never add liquid smoke to them-I used that stuff 30 years ago (once) never again!

Since you had to mention it I had to cook up a batch. They came out great as always and the best thing is that tomorrow, they will taste even better!

A little inspiration attached!

Thanks Dutch!
f8a75ee7_vbattach17091.jpg

just got back home-outta town on work, Allie wants burgers tonite so took out some home ground chuck,she mentioned onion rings so she gonna get get them(granmaw taught me proper)sauted up japs-bell-garlic-onion and of course bushes-have them on bottem rack below the pig candy-I love my days off-so does Allie! and ya thanks Dutch!

Well I went and did it, I made a batch of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans but I Had not time to smoke meat and put the under the meat to catch the drippings so i baked them and DARN are they good. Thanks Dutch for the terrific Concoction, The guys at worked enjoyed them also
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Allen, When you get a chance to add some smoked meat, meat dripping and some good smoke to 'em you'll find out just how great they can be.

Enjoy!

Hey Dutch,You'r baked beans did not last long, I will make more this weekend, I plan on making some 80/20 beef jerky this weekend and some fatties, I just hope me and photobucket get along, I tried to send pics last time but I failed
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky