Dutch Baby!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
This can be made in a DO. If so set it up for a 425° cook.

My sous chef has been into these lately for Sunday breakfast. We use a 10" CI skillet in the oven at home. 10"-12" DO at camp.

1. preheat oven to 425°

2. Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 3 eggs, pinch or two of nutmeg. Really whip it up and get some air in the mix.

3. When oven or DO is heated place 4 tablespoons of butter (if using skillet put in oven) in and melt. As soon as butter has melted add batter. If using DO cover with lid. Cook for 20 minutes.

4. After 20 minutes reduce heat to 350° cook for another 5 minutes.

5. Remove from pan or DO immediately. Top with powdered sugar and lemon juice.

Serve

38271185851_6f963563b4_c.jpg

Looks really good . Grandma called them German pancakes . Grandpa called them Dutch babies .

Been experimenting a bit with this. Made one with buttermilk the other day. No poof flat and dense. Still good, but not as light. More like a German pancake

F78946AC-B6C6-4C1D-B471-1BF40A1CBF26.jpeg

Then last Sunday I made this one with 2% milk. Forgot the sugar in the mix but it was fine, powdered sugar was plenty. Good and puffy!

BD655160-4A00-4017-A8DE-9FC854E522BC.jpeg

8674F735-133D-4B8F-A309-56D9A7C9C0F2.jpeg

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I don't blame him.I wonder if they'd work in my Le Creuset worth a darn.Probably not because the enamel.I'll probably stick to naked CI when I try my hand at it.

I don't blame him.I wonder if they'd work in my Le Creuset worth a darn.Probably not because the enamel.I'll probably stick to naked CI when I try my hand at it.

Yes they will work in enameled CI. I’m fact they work quite well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky