dubble dutch offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

little-foekje

Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
hi guys

i already introduced my self but my name is tom in from Amsterdam

me and my dad build last year a offset smoker and i want to share with you guys the build.

so the beginning:

as a chef and a bbq lover i wanted to start my own businnes for my self for a long time. but i never had the right bbq to do so. so in never realy started. untill one day my dad called me, he had 2 lpg car tanks. so iff i wanted we could make ourselfs a nice bbq.

so we started off with two lpg tanks.
we collected all the metal and start working.
xiCp9mk.jpg

we started to weld the firebox.

sN6QX0D.jpg

sZgtjXo.jpg

after that we start welding the frame.
fSZCCYk.jpg

we cut open the tanks and start to weld the first tank to the firebox.
mZfnvTl.jpg

a19cn2W.jpg
aCnHdzX.jpg

after the first tank we start to prep the second tank. the second tank had a smoke chimney and a connection part for in between the tanks
mPFYl6C.jpg

when everyting was finisched we welded the two tanks togetter en welded the whole thing to the frame.
PE8wriU.jpg

2rO22fN.jpg

ldk8Wbl.jpg

we bought some cast iron wheels and welded the racks fore the smoker and firefox.
2NzqVR9.jpg

fTX0m4N.jpg

UFOlx5t.jpg
xIJ2ze9.jpg

i cleaned the bbq and spray painted the whole thing.
EJcnGfY.jpg

IRKW5yP.jpg

fG1LmJ6.jpg

we made a nice work table from some oak wood.
en
and the offset smoker is finished.
7Lqznnv.jpg

Rak6Yvv.jpg

it took us quite a while. inbetween the whole proces my whife got pregnant and she gave birth to my baby boy.

the whole story isnt that detailed. its quite a undertaking to write a whole story in another language than youre own. so i hope the pictures speak for them selfs.
if you got any questions ore want to see more pics (its quite a fig to get them in the right order so i just picked them out)
see ya!

Heel mooi werk!
Hoe goed houdt het de temperatuur in de horizontale kamer?
Wat is het temperatuurverschil tussen verticaal en horizontaal?

hey leuk een andere Nederlander :) ja die houd t heel goed. wel heb ik stenen voor de zijkanten van de firebox. dit maakt hem wel een stuk zuiniger gezien hij best wat verstookt.
het verschil tussen de bijde is niet bijsterend groot. dus om nou te zeggen dat ik een koude zone heb gecreëerd nee niet echt. maar zeker wel meer ruimte ;)

hey leuk een andere Nederlander :) ja die houd t heel goed. wel heb ik stenen voor de zijkanten van de firebox. dit maakt hem wel een stuk zuiniger gezien hij best wat verstookt.
het verschil tussen de bijde is niet bijsterend groot. dus om nou te zeggen dat ik een koude zone heb gecreëerd nee niet echt. maar zeker wel meer ruimte ;)
Geen Nederlanders, dus ik zou een meer nauwkeurig antwoord in het Nederlands krijgen:cool:

Looks like you did a fine job building that smoker, and good luck getting the business going.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky