Dry cure question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well....the bacon turned out really good, thanks again for all the help.
Cold smoked it for 10 Hrs with 100% apple pellets, and had tons of good smoke flavor.

The only issues I've had though, is I can't seem to get it crispy without burning it.

Tried pan fry, oven, oven with lower temp, microwave.....nothing works well. Flavor is good, just can't crisp it. Maybe I should hot smoke next time?

Hmmm.....so next time any suggestions for a cure recipe?
And how would one infuse maple syrup flavor?

Hmmm.....so next time any suggestions for a cure recipe?
And how would one infuse maple syrup flavor?

I tried a number of times without satisfaction.
I tried Maple Syrup in cure, Maple Sugar in Cure, tried injecting the Syrup---Nothing but a waste of good Maple Syrup.
If you put it on later it will get sticky & burn in the pan.

I quit trying. If you want Maple Bacon, Heat some & pour it on when it's on your plate---Or Brush it on.

Some say it works for them, but I think it depends on what the word "Works" is. LOL

Bear

Bear has you covered.... It's the sugar that's burning... I can only get 1% sugar in my bacon without it burning....

2% salt, 1% sugar, 1 grams cure#1 per pound.... 2 weeks in the refer... cold smoke..... bake in the oven .... then coat with maple syrup for a glaze.... Bake until the syrup crystalizes..

003.JPG .. 002.JPG .. 006.JPG

a good TIP for sealing the Vacc pack bags is to roll down the top a couple inches, it keeps everything clean so after the product is in the bag you roll the end back up and have a nice clean area to seal. i learned this on the forum years ago, ALSO if there is alot of liquid try and hang the bag down over the edge of the counter and seal, this is a method i use when marinating, or putting liquid in a bag to sous vide ..

GOOD LUCK

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky