Drum Clean-Out????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok man I was sitting here tryin to think of a way that the pipe wrench method possibly would unroll the turned edge. I agree water is the best idea to stay on the safe side. Good smoked meat is worth alot, just not worth getting hurt over.

Hey in your other post I see a pic of your drum, the bottom looks burnt. Is it not painted yet or is your charcoal basket getting it really hot. Curious since I have not used my to grill say burgers or finish chicken, so I wonder how hot the drum bottom gets.

Hot enuff to burn the grill paint off!! I have to repaint mine already Tom.

Ok man I was sitting here tryin to think of a way that the pipe wrench method possibly would unroll the turned edge. I agree water is the best idea to stay on the safe side. Good smoked meat is worth alot, just not worth getting hurt over.

Hey in your other post I see a pic of your drum, the bottom looks burnt. Is it not painted yet or is your charcoal basket getting it really hot. Curious since I have not used my to grill say burgers or finish chicken, so I wonder how hot the drum bottom gets.

I have an old solvent drum at work I can cut with the pipe wrench method, if I took pics of the start,the angle you hold the wrench and the end results, would that be helpful?

The chain drums I have access to are not painted inside, just bare metal. I threw in some Mesquite and Oak to burn it out to get rid of any residue, the bottom part is where it got the hottest/ rust area. I had enough flames coming out othe top to where I felt comfortable the inside was good to go. The drums start out being a very bright blue in color on the outside. I do need to strip the the outside down to repaint to make it look nice now.

That would be cool salt. The best part of message boards is being able to learn new ways to tackel the job at hand. Thanks for taking the time salt. If you make it look to nice it won't be a UDS, it will be a PDS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky