Dr. Pepper Brined and Smoked Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 16, 2016
Creswell OR
This was the most tender pork loin I have ever made. This little piece of boneless loin roast I have been saving from our home raised hogs. The plan was for curing and smoking for Canadian bacon, but Mrs. BEV pulled it out of the freezer and had different plans...

This is your basic brine similar to Pops brine without the cure. However, I used Dr. Pepper for the liquid and backed off the sugar a bit. I did inject the brine as well and vacuum sealed it for 2 days.

Pulled it out of the brine (did not rinse) and seasoned it with SPOG and a little Italian seasoning placed on a trivet in a foil pan. FYI- There was no liquid added to the roast pan for this smoke like I normally do, nor do I plan to foil.

The smoke I rolled this time was Amazen Alder pellets in the AMNPS.

I set the Masterbuilt to 275' and for the first time EVER I used the water pan filled with water since I am not using a braising liquid in the pan and this will be a "no foil" approach.

I wasn't watching the clock but guessing it took less than 2 hours to hit 145' Internal temp. Pulled it and covered it with a sheet of foil to rest in a warm oven till dinner time.

The loin was super juicy! The picture should speak for itself. The drippings went into a pan of sautéed mushrooms to have along side and some steamed vegetables. (sorry, no plated pic).

1 Vac.jpg
2 pan.jpg
3 AMNPS.jpg
4 Rolling.jpg
5Temp.jpg
6 Done.jpg
7 Sliced.jpg

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking. Enjoy.

Comments welcome - How about where's my plate!!! That is how one does loin right. I've never injected loin before may have to give it a go next time. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Comments welcome - How about where's my plate!!! That is how one does loin right. I've never injected loin before may have to give it a go next time. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. I will definitely be repeating this again- injection and all. I really liked the alder for something different too. I would gladly share a plate with ya! Thanks for the point.

Looks like a home run to me! Big like!

Thanks Disco. It was a slam for sure. I certainly tried a few things differently than I normally do that really paid off. Thanks for the like.

Looks FANTASTIC!!! LIKE!!!

Thanks CB. Appreciate it and the like.

Final Pic is a Winner!
Like!

Thanks Chile. Loin can be sooooo good when its not overcooked and kept moist! Im going to try other soda-pop flavors too, and maybe kick it up with a little heat on the next one... Thanks for the like.

Mouth watering job right there! Looks super juicy. Since I've never added soda to anything I've cooked I'm curious to know if it has sweet finish or does it mellow out?
Don

Looks delicious!!! I’ve started using cherry dr. Pepper with pulled pork, loved the results.

Mouth watering job right there! Looks super juicy. Since I've never added soda to anything I've cooked I'm curious to know if it has sweet finish or does it mellow out?
Don

Don, in my experiences the sweetness of the soda is mellowed out... especially once the soda mingles with the rub and smoke.

Reactions: drdon
It definitely mellows out. It definitely wasn't sweet per-se as one might think but just adds another dimension instead of using straight water in a brine. Ohh… That just made me think a sweeter wine would work good too!

Thanks for the likes fellas!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky