Double the dino's, double the fun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gt2003

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I just threw 2 racks of beef back ribs on the smoker. Just for good measure, I bought a small boneless pork butt to throw on as well. I coated both in Jeff's rub, took a few pics and onto the smoker they went. I plan on cooking the pork butt up to 170 then wrap to 200 or so, into the cooler for a couple of hours then pull. Ought to be a good dinner around here tonight. Gotta make potato salad and baked beans along the way. Wish me luck!

Sorry to hear that David. We got some fairly strong winds along with rain and lightning but were much luckier than many. I hope the clean up goes well and you can be back to smoking soon.

Here are a few pics of the ribs and pork butt. The ribs are just about gone now and the pork butt is wrapped and in the cooler. Will post some follow up later after it has a chance to rest and be pulled.

P.S. - anyone know why I'm getting the reddish/magenta color on my photos? It happened last time too. Thanks, Greg
fbce1358_vbattach18007.jpg

6afa015c_vbattach18008.jpg

ed9b550b_vbattach18006.jpg

eb6b5711_vbattach18005.jpg

Thanks all. I'm gonna post pics of the pulled pork on the "pork" forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky