Double smoking chamber reverse flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooter

Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
So, I am a long time lurker from TX I have built two pits so far. First was a 120 gallon trailer mounted offset. The second was dubbed the cockpit had an offset centered firebox on an 80 gallon compressor tank.

I gave the cocpit to my father in law and now am am wanting to build another pit. I have decided on reverse flow. I have a propane tank that measures 18in by 38in. I want to use that for my smoke chamber and build a square firebox out of 1/4". I find that I am often smoking something and want to cook something on the pit at a different temperature than I am smoking. So I am thinking about building a reverse flow with two chambers (18#30"propane tanks) side by side connected to one firebox. To control tempature differences,I would put a dampe in-between firebox and smoke chambers. Attached is a picture of my idea as well as a picture of the "cockpit" what comments or concerns do you have about my design?
The cockpit

Tank on the left is what I want ato build the smoke chamber out of. I can another for the other chamber.

Nice build! I could do separate fireboxes. I just want to try something new.

I imagine it will take a pretty good size fire to heat both CC at the same time ... If worse comes to worse you could always put a divider in the FB to make dual FB (after the fact) ...

That's a good I deal. I did not think about putting a. Divider to fix it if it does not work. Total volume would be around 60 gallons so I am thinking that with an insulated firebox it won't be too bad

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky