Double Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a turkey baster with a silicone brush on the end. I just squeezed it over the top and brushed all over. Didn't go in between slices although once the ham starts cooking good the slices naturally spread out some allowing the stuff to get in-between the slices some
Looks like butter out of stock around here but Academy has on sale for $2 a bottle. Ordered 4. Should be here next week.

Last edited:
Looks like butter out of stock around here buy Academy has on sale for $2 a bottle. Ordered 4. Should be here next week.
Sounds good bud let me know how you like it. I keep several jars of that butter around. Inject it into chickens and stuff

I have a turkey baster with a silicone brush on the end. I just squeezed it over the top and brushed all over. Didn't go in between slices although once the ham starts cooking good the slices naturally spread out some allowing the stuff to get in-between the slices some

When I Double Smoke those Spiral sliced Hams, because they don't have any Fat on them, I just get a Cheap pound of Bacon, and put that in my Foil pan above, with holes in it.
Then when the Bacon Melts, it drips down on the Ham. See Below:
Double Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham

Bear

Reactions: TNJAKE
When I Double Smoke those Spiral sliced Hams, because they don't have any Fat on them, I just get a Cheap pound of Bacon, and put that in my Foil pan above, with holes in it.
Then when the Bacon Melts, it drips down on the Ham. See Below:
Double Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham

Bear
I've also had the pleasure of doing it bears way and it comes out delicious

The ham came quite good but a little on the salty side. I used Atkins rub. I pulled it 130 as it was 5.5 hours in and ready to eat. Was not dry like the spiral's I have had in the past. I had given up on them. I will be doing these again but will cut back on the rub. Was amazed how the flavor got into the whole ham. Thanks for the help Jake.

20210123_122226.jpg 20210123_135314.jpg 20210123_180305.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky