Double decker taco night!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Griddled up some double decker tacos on the old Blackstone. Ground beef, onion and touch of sweet corn and some brown rice!..Browned the tortilla shells, flipped and covered with queso or shredded cheese, stuck a hard shell on it and filled them up the fixings and cheese plus some taco bell sauce (game changer) . Ran out if room on the racks, so a couple had to be "eliminated" before taking them all inside!
20230616_202408.jpg

20230616_202412.jpg

20230616_202526.jpg

20230616_204116.jpg

20230616_204134.jpg

20230616_204323.jpg

20230616_204228.jpg

20230616_212823.jpg

Those two were the testers...Had to make sure the others were worthy of serving. Or at least thats my rationale. And those Taco Bell sauces are the best. I keep them in the fridge at the house. They go great on a lot of things.

Jim

Dang! Now I'm starving! Looks awesome!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Those two were the testers...Had to make sure the others were worthy of serving. Or at least thats my rationale. And those Taco Bell sauces are the best. I keep them in the fridge at the house. They go great on a lot of things.

Jim
Sometimes you gotta take one ( or 2...or 3) for the team! Yeah, those 2 sauces are great! I have to keep them out in the shed fridge because they will disappear to quickly if kept in the house! Now the jar of "queso" wasnt all that great, but i wanted to try it as a binder for the shells. For me it was too "cheese whizzy" if that makes sense. Going to try a white queso next I think! Thanks Jim!

Wow, those look fantastic. As much as we love Mexican themed meals around here I could see that being a huge hit. Very nice and thanks for sharing.
OOOOOH! Hell yeah! Guys at the firehouse would go Ape over that!!!
Hmmmm....me thinks me senses another firehouse post forthcoming :emoji_wink: Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Robert

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky