Double batch of cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
Two batches of cheese for the smoker. Batch 1 was done yesterday...and batch 2 is just about done. I struggled today to keep my temperature under control. The bright sun is heating up my smoker to the 80s!

Batch 1 (Provolone/Horseradish Cheddar/Colby Jack/ Sharp Cheddar/ Swiss/Pepper Jack)
36DC8575-23B4-4199-8E9C-1DF3FE4E34FA.jpeg

6A212282-5FA5-4A26-B712-838347B0D643.jpeg

Batch 2 (Montery Jack/Horseradish Cheddar/Habanero Cheddar/Muenster/Cabot Seriously Sharp)
27577B66-31E1-43B4-9CC8-6F758E51DC0C.jpeg

D6C0C0F2-0945-417A-B8D6-00245075013E.jpeg

Also have a pastrami going in another smoker. That will be smoked for about 5 hours and then off to the SV for 24hrs.
0548402E-30F6-4706-85C9-A5388F774D10.jpeg

Double Smokers
5DEB96A3-AE19-4D23-A9C7-DC783E32F578.jpeg

Looks like a fun day with plenty of good eats. I'm jealous.

Point for sure
Chris

All looks great!! Gotta love it when you get two smokers going at once.

Thank you! The offset smoker was being used as a cold smoker with the cheese. I’m able to cold smoke cheese in slightly warmer temperatures because the amnps doesn’t share the same space like it does with the propane cabinet one.

I have a lot of cheese to do this year, so best to get cracking on it early.

Looks like a fun day with plenty of good eats. I'm jealous.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris.

No need to be jealous, the cheese is being smoked for someone else.

Everything looks great!
Al

Thanks Al!

Looks good. Reminds me that I am all out of smoked cheese. Now that the weather is cooling I need to get a batch going. Also, in my opinion S/V is the perfect way to finish pastrami after smoking.

Looks good. Reminds me that I am all out of smoked cheese. Now that the weather is cooling I need to get a batch going. Also, in my opinion S/V is the perfect way to finish pastrami after smoking.

Thanks Braz. SV is nice too because all the prep work is done up front and then you could just forget about it for a day.

Nice!
A heads up,the rub is sugary - as in it can scorch if used to pan fry etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the rub, never had there’s yet but it’s a welcome surprise

Oh man you are in Sause heaven!!!!

I just bought 5 bottles this past week to have as last minute Christmas gifts... or to keep if there are no last minute Christmas gifts needed to be given :D

I knew you guys liked the stuff from being on previous threads. Good idea on the last minute Christmas gifts, it really would make an excellent gift, I love the sauce.

And if they’re naughty... “No sause for you!!” and take it back.

Damn Joe cant believe I missed this. That cheese looks great and really took in some nice color! I've got some I need to get going here in the next couple weeks for personal use and Christmas presents.

Isn't there just something satisfying about having 2 smokers going at once? :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks John! We all miss stuff from time to time. Actually just did a third batch today.
B547563B-67BC-40AA-8BE9-6078707B4007.jpeg

My cut is on the right where it’s not lined up. The rest is for my brother. Didn’t expect this to become a business!

Wow a nice stash of cheese. Need some crackers and beer I'll be over. :emoji_grin:

Warren

Thanks Warren, just need the crackers. Beer is taken care of.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks awesome!! Used Inkbird IRF-4S?

Yes, it was the one offered at a deep discount for SMF memebers.

It’s a good unit! The RF signal picks up anywhere in my house, great battery life...no complaints!

My next inkbird purchase will be an instant read thermometer.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Two batches of cheese for the smoker. Batch 1 was done yesterday...and batch 2 is just about done. I struggled today to keep my temperature under control. The bright sun is heating up my smoker to the 80s!

Batch 1 (Provolone/Horseradish Cheddar/Colby Jack/ Sharp Cheddar/ Swiss/Pepper Jack)
View attachment 409397
View attachment 409398

Batch 2 (Montery Jack/Horseradish Cheddar/Habanero Cheddar/Muenster/Cabot Seriously Sharp)
View attachment 409399
View attachment 409400

Also have a pastrami going in another smoker. That will be smoked for about 5 hours and then off to the SV for 24hrs.
View attachment 409401

Double Smokers
View attachment 409402
"Didn’t expect this to become a business! "
Can you expand on this please, as I'm always looking for things I can do to make a little extra cash at home.
Thank you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky