Don't forget to calibrate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bearcarver;388519 said:
I have enjoyed this discussion. I think it did me some good too:
I had a "Thermapen" on my Christmas list, but it was so expensive ($99) I changed it to a much cheaper "instant" thermometer. After reading the comments about the "Thermapen" on this thread, I changed my wish back to the Thermapen.

I would presume that was a wise decission.

Is that the best price out there?

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/...tpen_home.html

According to their site, they still have gray, white, black & orange available @ $74.00+shipping.

That sounds awesome. Don't forget with the probes, we aren't opening the door or taking the top off of our smoker nearly as much as you are. When my ET probe reads close to my desired temp, THEN I open my door and take an instant reading.

And you're right, you can't make a mechanical adjustment to a probe. That is exactly why I told you that since we know it is off by a few degrees, we can use our brain to make that calibration in our head... it's simple math really.

luvdatritip;388660 said:
Thanks Prof.,
I'm not taking any chances----I went ahead and ordered one.
I'll have to tell Santa to forget about that one.

The one that was $99 was the new "splash-proof one". I just won't splash this one.
icon_smile.gif

BC

Bearcarver: I think you'll really like the Thermapen. It makes a great addition to what you're currently using to monitor your meat temps. Well worth the money, imo.

Racyb: As a matter of fact, I open the lid to my smoker less now then when I first started smoking meat. Recovery in mine is rather quick since I have a double heat sink in it. It's all good what ever method or what ever your choice in temp monitoring equipment happens to be. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that have been following this thread. It's been fun
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky