Don't come a knocking when the ECB's a Rockin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SPOG is all I'm doing . Trying to do these for 3 hours to see what happens. The coals and wood chunks are on the water pan position directly under the meat on the top rack.

Not sure what temp that foil protected area is at but the grate temp is 420 now.. about 20 minutes its been on there. Can hear that meat sizzling through the top dampers [emoji]129299[/emoji]

Last edited:
Ok.. 30 minutes and am at 400° now. Toned it down some more. Going for 350 in foil for 2 hours after the initial 1 hour higher temp cook with the smoke.

Last edited:
Guess I'm gonna have broccoli with some cheese whiz and butter sauce with the ribs. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Cheese wiz???????????

Melt some good cheese on them.

I think after hour 2 in the foil I will check the IT and do a little probe tender check . If they were at 155 before I foiled them... should be 230 after 2 more hours I bet. Running close to 350 dome temp and those in foil.. the fat is probably gone [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky