• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Doing a Yard bird...

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Not much going on around here so decided to do a Yard Bird...

Smoked it at 275* until the IT reached 170* used Apple chipps mixed with Hickory Chips for a nice mild smoke. Took 3 hours and came out with a real nice color. It was moist with lots of flavor. The only seasoning I used was Lemon Pepper.

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
For the life of me I cant get these pics in here the right way....

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Looks great, I get to crazy on spices sometimes. I should try that simple approach again. Thanks. :)

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your chicken looks delicious. I have been getting back to more basic seasonings like you did on the bird. I was getting carried away & I think that maybe less is better.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
I love lemon pepper on my chicken too. Great job!

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Thanks guys......I know all of you are pro`s....

smokerator

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Bird looks good,I gona try doing sum chuckers and a couple pheasants this weekend,I just put them in a brine concoction,Used teriaki sauce ,sliced and juice oranges,lemon juice,tarragon,and sea salt in a garbage bag lined bucket and threw the birds in for a swim for a day or so.

bigirish1182

Joined Mar 28, 2011
Looks great! I can't wait to do my first bird on the smoker. Hopefully spring will show up one of these days in Michigan!

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Your chicken looks delicious. I have been getting back to more basic seasonings like you did on the bird. I was getting carried away & I think that maybe less is better.
I hear ya...it's usually SPOG for us.

The Woman sez she doesn't like sauces......then she sez "I like the apricot that Raptor made for the chicken"

Craig

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Great bird, Lemon pepper does something to chicken that i love!

Congrats on the ride on the carousel

Well done my friend

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.