Does anyone out here understand Latin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
Domus Succendo Regina - In my Kitchen, I am Queen.

(or more literally, "In the place in my home where cooking is done, I am the ruling female," but that is as close as I think I can get)

Is there anyone out there that can confirm this for me? Or have a good resource for me to check?

dommus- house

succendo- to kindle / to set fire from below

regina- queen

Sounds tome like your the BBQ queen of the house?

[h3]I like the Italian version;  Nella mia cucina, io sono la regina  [/h3]
The latin is fighting,,,hahahaha

[h3]English to Latin translation — Alpha[/h3]

Kitchen Me sum regina  

I also like in my kitchen I am king;  Nella mia cucina, io sono il re  

The latin to english translators are word only even tho they say they do phrases...

http://www.latinphrasetranslation.com/translators/english_to_latin  

Sure!

In my kitchen, I am King

"Inay myay itchenkay, Iay amay ingkay!"

That would be BBQ'd "pig latin".

Bear

icon_cool.gif

I wouldmake a placked of Bear's and hang a clever with it if anyone had any questions.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Sure!

In my kitchen, I am King

Bear
You forgot to mention that Mrs Bear moved your kitchen outside. I remember all of the failed attempts to place indoors!!

Don't make me go find those pictures
icon_mrgreen.gif

NO NO NO you guys got it all wrong!   I live in MIAMI and LATIN would be the following:

"EH Holmes get your butt out my kitchen i'm da heffe here gringo,  you don't listen i be puttin my peeps on you"

now thats latin

NO NO NO you guys got it all wrong!   I live in MIAMI and LATIN would be the following:

"EH Holmes get your butt out my kitchen i'm da heffe here gringo,  you don't listen i be puttin my peeps on you"

now thats latin
I thought it was "Say hello to my little friend."  or " Soy un pero consigo de mi sofa"
icon_razz.gif

Last edited:
Sure!

In my kitchen, I am King

Bear
You forgot to mention that Mrs Bear moved your kitchen outside. I remember all of the failed attempts to place indoors!!

Don't make me go find those pictures
icon_mrgreen.gif

That was just my "oven that makes smoke".

I am the King of my kitchen, except when it's time to clean up---Then we share. 
icon_mrgreen.gif

I also have a bridge Northeast of PA that you may be interested in.

Bear

Princess,

I just ran into this thread again.

Sorry if I messed this thread up!  
devil.gif

I hope you got a good "serious" answer to your question.

Bear

You're fine darlin'... The Darling husband is on it (knows some smart professor guy who is looking into it)  I guess the Romans had about a zillion different words for where different kinds of cooking was done, so I'm just gonna have to see what I like best.   We're re-decorating the kitchen next year, and I think it'll look mighty fine above my sink. That, and an EST: XI - XIII - MCMXCIX 

Princess,

devil.gif

Bear

You're fine darlin'... The Darling husband is on it (knows some smart professor guy who is looking into it)  I guess the Romans had about a zillion different words for where different kinds of cooking was done, so I'm just gonna have to see what I like best.   We're re-decorating the kitchen next year, and I think it'll look mighty fine above my sink. That, and an EST: XI - XIII - MCMXCIX 

Princess,

devil.gif

Bear

What was established 11-13-1999 ?

Your marriage?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky