Do Left Over ATB's Keep Well

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BuckeyeSteve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
I want to try smoking some ATB's and I'm trying to figure out how many to do. Do they keep well in the refrigerator? Does the bacon get soggy? How long can I safely keep them?
I'll probably reheat them in the convection oven.

no B is for Buffalo. Atomic Buffalo Turd, but ya bacon is in there somewhere

If only I knew what an ABT was. I'll guess that B is bacon.

I pretty much gave up acronym speech after I got out of the military. You almost had to carry a code book around just to understand casual conversation.

Atomic Buffalo Turds. Stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon and smoked, or grilled. I normally stuff mine with cream cheese, but you can use whatever you want. Yummy treat.

bacon wrapped {Stuffed} Jalapenos and no I don't think they keep well, best right outta the smoker

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll make a double batch and see how they reheat.

I eat 'em cold out of the fridge all the time. The best thing to do is try it and see what you think.
Cold actually sounds pretty good. Just not sure how the bacon would hold out. Maybe I'll do some with hot sausage and no bacon.

my Jalapeno and habanero ABT's reheated well and still were very good, so make plenty extras for left overs.

my Jalapeno and habanero ABT's reheated well and still were very good, so make plenty extras for left overs.
You read my mind. I like hot and I was planing to put minced habanero's in my cream cheese

They are awesome hot off the pit or cold the next day or heated in the toaster oven. I make triple batches because I cant keep them for very long they go so fast. Everybody loves them. Try them with some pulled pork stuffing ...wow!

Reactions: 2008RN
ABTs can be actually basically reheated by pan frying. I've done this method...lower heat setting and a blow torch. Let them basically warm through, nail it with the blow torch to make sure it stays crisp.

Heck I've even microwaved them. I found it depends on the cheese mix for how you reheat/if you'd want to. Some mixes turn to watery messes when reheated, some don't!

<Minced garlic ones for me turned a bit watery when reheated, as a heads up!! As always I say throw in cranberries into that ABT blend!>

Haha, I just noticed I called them ATB's instead of ABT's. Funny how the mind works. Did anyone else not catch that and read it as ABT's?

Well I didn't catch it at all. Heck I just had to reread a few times to catch it despite you saying it!

Kind of reminds me of this.

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Reactions: schlotz

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

HUH????

Crazy what the human brain can actually do isn't it?

And yes, I can read that lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky