Disabled man needs help picking a smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is a bit over your budget but quality and the set it and forget it may outweigh things? Just a thought. . .

I was going to suggest an electric MES 40, but I'm only 6' 3" and 225 lbs, and I'm not messing with Chris!!! So you might want to check out those Kettles, like Chris said!!!

Bear

Suggest away John, I'm just a gentle giant, and besides everyone knows not to poke a Bear. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Chris

Reactions: Bearcarver
Thanks guys!

chris chris I also have to consider other factors. I was thinking that if I got a BBQ Dragon Grill Stone and a Tip Top Temp Regulator I could be really close to set it and forget as possible for about a hundred bucks.. The grill plate would free up a lot of room on the grill for even the largest brisket (maybe even 2 smaller ones). What is your opinion of this? Also, the 26" ones are nowhere to be found.

bear bear I am looking for a better tasting product that what an electric can give me, but thank you so much for the suggestion.

I was also looking into getting a Pit Barrel cooker. I decided against it because it seemed to me that a Weber would be easier to deal with, as it is not so deep to reach into. I'm not sure how I could even get the fire basket down into place. Am I right about that?

You folks ROCK!

Thanks guys!

chris chris I also have to consider other factors. I was thinking that if I got a BBQ Dragon Grill Stone and a Tip Top Temp Regulator I could be really close to set it and forget as possible for about a hundred bucks.. The grill plate would free up a lot of room on the grill for even the largest brisket (maybe even 2 smaller ones). What is your opinion of this? Also, the 26" ones are nowhere to be found.

bear bear I am looking for a better tasting product that what an electric can give me, but thank you so much for the suggestion.

I was also looking into getting a Pit Barrel cooker. I decided against it because it seemed to me that a Weber would be easier to deal with, as it is not so deep to reach into. I'm not sure how I could even get the fire basket down into place. Am I right about that?

You folks ROCK!

I've never used either product so I can't offer an opinion one way or the other. Make sure to let us know how they work if you go that route. Good luck and good smoking.

Chris

I am 5'10" (on a good day). I am leaning toward the basic performer, as it has a table and 4 legs. Looks very sturdy, compared to the Master-Touch.

bloodbath bloodbath . Ok , this thread got me to thinking .
I made my living in the building trade as a Carpenter . Doing large commercial buildings , I have dealt with ADA specs , that have to be there , and for good reason . I still know all the numbers , because they are important , just like life safety .
I had the thought last night , " Why isn't there an ADA compliant Weber kettle ? Could be an adjustment in height , and handle placement . Wheel size or more shelves . I don't know , just got me thinking .
Maybe you should send them an email and ask them . Never know what they might do .
Just a thought .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky