Dirty Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
Hey all,here is a recipe for Dirty Rice I've been using and I really like it.You can use it as is,but I used all smoked meats which made it better.

2 Tbs.all purpose flour
2 Tbs.vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic,minced
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 lb.lean ground pork
1/2 lb. smoked chicken,chopped
1 ts. salt
1/2 ts.fresh craked black pepper
1/2 ts.caynne pepper[or to taste]
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups hot cooked rice
1 cup chopped green onions

1. In a Dutch oven or largh iron skillet,cook flour in oil over medium heat until deep red-brown,stirring constantly to prevent burning.
2. Add onions,celery,bell pepper,and garlic,cook until vegetables are tender.
3.Stir in remaining ingreadients;cook until meat is done,stirring often.

This goes great with about anything you drag off the smoker.Anyone who has'nt tried dirty rice[as it is a SOUTHERN THING]should try this,it's wonderfull

Excellent post dacdots!! Our local market sells ground beef in the plastic tubes next to the pork sausage (also in a plastic tube like the Jimmy Dean Sausage) I'm thinking that the next time I do some fatties, I'll throw on a "beef fattie" too and use the sausage fattie in place of the ground pork in some Dirty Rice.

Wynn your right,the original recipe called for chicken livers but I hate liver.I have tried to eat it many times as over the years a persons taste changes but this is one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to eat.Just put what meat in it that you like.David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky