Dino Eggs re-post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
Not sure if this was posted before but couldn't find it on my home page.

Dino (Die-no) Eggs

Dino Eggs

My little Sister has Easter dinner every year and I wanted to do something a little different.
Bacon can even make Easter a little better.
If you like Sausage McMuffin with Egg, you will definitely like these.

You get 3 for 1 with this recipe
These do not freeze well, they get a weird spongy texture, so don't freeze them.

Deviled Dino Eggs

Take some Dino Eggs and slice in half remove the yolk and mix up your favorite deviled egg recipe.

or you can pipe on a cheese spread or use that cheese in a can.

Deviled Dino Egg Sandwich
Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheese with Mayo.

My favorite of the three.

Prep
  • 16 Small eggs hard boiled
  • 1 Package JD Hot
  • 1 Package JD Italian
  • 16 slices thick cut bacon.

My lovely assistant was so kind as to make these up and let me take the pictures.
We found it easier to completely remove the chubb of sausage from its package and cut into 8 equal parts

These were placed on the smoker and ready in under 2 hours, very tasty and very filling. These make great Deviled eggs and a pretty cool presentation as well.

Below are a few pics from Easter.

The general consensus on these were two thumbs up, even for the folks not too keen on sausage, I am gonna try a batch with ground beef in place of the pork sausage and another batch with no ground meat just a wrap of bacon.
I really Enjoyed the sandwich more than anything.

You could baste with food coloring in water/apple juice at the end for "Easter Dino Eggs"!!!!

Great post. I need to make these again (regular, i've not made the "easter" ones). Thanks for reminding me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky