Did up some hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo
Finally put to use and fermented jalapenos with some serranos. Did recipe from the Perfect Pickler recipe book they give you with the fermenting kit. Consisted of: 1/2 gallon jar

20 or so Jalapenos, ( I grew the goliath, end of season so between giants at store and regular).
1 1/4 cups sweet onion
Tbls. minced garlic. grew myself
broken up bay leaf
2 cups filtered water
1 Tbls. sea salt
2 tbls aged brine.
optional 1/4 Tsp. liquid smoke. Will do Next batch.
1/4 cup apple or white vinegar after ferment. ingrediants ready for jar. Pulverized and strained on red batch. Put in blender couple different time with pulp and some juice from straining. Tasted alittle bitter so addad tsp. of sugar. Better.
Oh! After packing . All jarred up on both batches. Almost a Quart. Had to utilize brine. 18 eggs easy. Saw somebody else do that on here Sunday will be a week. Try one.
Hope pics turn out and not repeated or anything. Not showing up as i type.
Oh ya, bags are what didn't strain. Thought would be good to rub on some ribs or anything. It is good

did you do this inside? I have a kit to make, but people have told me that it's not an indoor adventure, as the fumes can cause sinus, throat, and respiratory distress. I was planning on making my kit batch outside on the firebox. but waiting for warmer days.

I did not. Wife complained though. Just open windows or do in garage i guess. Wet isn't near as bad as powdering up dried chipotle. Do that one outside.:emoji_radioactive:

Reactions: Walchit
Those eggs look great and now I have to do a dozen. I have a lot of hot sauce from this years Choc Habs. Perfect time to cold smoke the eggs.

I came within a hair of smoking the eggs. Was smoking some cheese the same day I boiled them. Woulda been so much better.

Those eggs look great and now I have to do a dozen. I have a lot of hot sauce from this years Choc Habs. Perfect time to cold smoke the eggs.
DR K. Thanks. Got some choc Habs seeds. Say they are hotter than plain and smokier tasting.
Nice!
I did four different batch's of hot sauce this year. Ghost, and jalapenos.
Thanks Backwoods.
Thanks for this recipe! Big like!
Your welcome and thanks for the like. It is tasty. Think green was a little better. Got some more all green, been fermenting a month now. put liquid smoke in this time. 1/4 tsp. per 1/2 gallon batch is what it called for.

Reactions: Walchit
I wanted to cold smoke some eggs and put them in my thicker smoked choc hab hot sauce but there's a foot of snow and it's barely melting before this weekends snow storm. So I finished a jar of Famous Dave's Devil's Spit hot pickle chips and fit 10 hardboiled peeled eggs in that jar of brine to pickle. I'll surprise my dad with them in a couple weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky