Dialing in ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BTS

Original poster
Nov 29, 2020
Trying to get my ribs dialed in smoked for about 3 hours wrapped for 40 sauced and threw back on until sauce dried up turned out pretty good.
5DC06B72-CA82-4BAA-BAB4-A5BDCD129937.jpeg

60F2FB9E-9DF6-4A40-BA30-A7D390B10311.jpeg

looking good! I've actually had my best luck of being unfoiled until resting. I tend to go 2 hours left alone. then 3-4 more hours where i spray down with apple juice once per hour. once they get to 175-180ish I pull, spritz again and wrap in foil for 25-30 min to rest on the counter. They've turned out perfect every time. if I needed to serve with sauce i'd probably do the last 20ish min sauced to get a quick glaze, but mine are usually half served right away and then half frozen so no sauce has worked better for me.

Reactions: BTS and JLeonard
looking good! I've actually had my best luck of being unfoiled until resting. I tend to go 2 hours left alone. then 3-4 more hours where i spray down with apple juice once per hour. once they get to 175-180ish I pull, spritz again and wrap in foil for 25-30 min to rest on the counter. They've turned out perfect every time. if I needed to serve with sauce i'd probably do the last 20ish min sauced to get a quick glaze, but mine are usually half served right away and then half frozen so no sauce has worked better for me.
Thank you I appreciate it. And I will have to try that out that sounds like a good way to do it as well. What temp do you normally cook at?

Reactions: hawtsauc3
I like your recipe

Thank you I appreciate it. And I will have to try that out that sounds like a good way to do it as well. What temp do you normally cook at?
Short answer 250-260 is what I shoot for. Long answer, I typically try and get the smoker dialed in around 250-255 until the meat is ready to go on, then once the meat is on because my pit probe is near the meat I dial the temp back down to around 235ish for at least an hour. I do this because the ambient temp around the probe is so low that it's actually helping my pit not ramp up too hot. then after an hour I'll start ramping up the temp to be closer to 250 again. I think the first 2 times I used the controller I tried to ramp the temp back up and then it shot up to like 290 :emoji_astonished:.changed my tactic and it's worked perfect the last few cooks.
IMG-0147.JPG

Reactions: kruizer and BTS
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky