Desperately searching for affordable brisket on Long Island...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It says on the KCBS website that one of the benefits of membership is a one day pass to restaurant depot when you present your KCBS card... Could you get that one day pass like a dozen or so times? Haha maybe once a month?

While it's not a brisket if your looking for a good cut of beef for pulled beef try a chuck roast. They are not as big but many times can be found on sale at a reasonable price and they come out great. There is usually enough fat content to take to pulling/chopping temps and still not dry out on you. The other advantage is that since they aren't as big it's not as long a smoke

Yeah, I haven't tried a chuck roast yet! I might just do that. I pulled beef sandwich sounds right up my alley! Can you cook it to a slicing temp like brisket?

I have been smoking briskets for a long time in LI and found that other than going to a butcher the best place to get a whole brisket at a decent price is Western Beef.

Hope this helps :)

I have found my source since I first posted this.  Farmingdale Meat Market is a great butcher shop about ten minutes from where I live and they carry full packers for 3.99 per pound.  Haven/t been to a Western Beef though..

It's funny you say that as i just went in there because i moved to Farmingdale recently. I will be going back there sat morning to get my brisket and shoulders.

It's funny you say that as i just went in there because i moved to Farmingdale recently. I will be going back there sat morning to get my brisket and shoulders.

I live in massapequa but its worth the short ride. They have great sales that rival super market prices but the quality is much better. Sign up for their mailing list and they will send you their weekly sales and their weekend flash sales that are usually great deals!

I live in Bethpage. I got to try this place in Farmindale. Have had luck at Best yet, John's farms and restaurant depot. Plus my boy is a butcher at Pathmark. Customizes my orders and gives me a discount.

Read in one of the Farmingdale Meat Market newsletters that they are getting their own smoker in order to sell prepared smoked meats. That should be great for us because it means they are more likely to have cuts that we are all looking for in stock.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky