Deleted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
popcorn.gif
looks good so far, how long do they have to sit??

Can you say "Shaken, not stirred?"

Sure you can... 
cool.gif
I turn the jars upside down daily. I allow the strawberries to mascerate for a week to 10 days normally. I actually  took my first 4 qt. bottles today and removed the fruit. I was amazed, it sdepends upon the fruit but I got almost 3 qts of juice. This batch is amazing sweet with no sugar so far. If you'll allow a quick hijack I'll show you.

This is why you flip 'em or gently shack 'em daily, as the fruit gives up its juices the fruit shrinks, These 2 quarts we completely full of berries last wekend.

See how now there is berry voids starting in the bottom of the jar, it tells you its working. This is how those two quarts ended up or down, depending upon your point of view.

Just flip 'em over. So I ended up with 6 berry qts, and 2 pulp qts. I strained the fruit off the first 4 today.

I am pretty happy so far.

I like your limoncello, I tried making it with Everclear...... it took a real man to drink it....ROFLMAO!

Its looking good. when you strain and add a little sugar, don't go overboard, you can add more, you'll wish you remembered that later.

I am watching now.........

beercheer.gif

Reactions: sfprankster
I just did the rest of mine, you don't want to leave them till the berries are mushie and fall apart.

I had "A" small glass last night, its wasn't very smooth yet but...................... today my head hurts and my eyes are all blurry and keep watering and I just dorta feel outta sorts. I think I am gonna like this years. But I tryed an experiment with the jug I sampled. I added more vodka when I added the simple syrup.... It'll make your toes curl!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky