Deflector stones/plates for a Vision Pro S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

midmo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Is there an aftermarket stone or deflector plate for visions grills? I have the large stone and have had it for about a year or two. I went out side and was having trouble with a new lump charcoal holding temp and removed the lava stone and noticed is is cracked halfway across the stone. I would much rather have something that is longer so the ends of ribs or brisket don’t get burnt. Is there something else out there? I see aftermarket or other offerings for other manufactures but not much for the Vision.

Is there an aftermarket stone or deflector plate for visions grills? I have the large stone and have had it for about a year or two. I went out side and was having trouble with a new lump charcoal holding temp and removed the lava stone and noticed is is cracked halfway across the stone. I would much rather have something that is longer so the ends of ribs or brisket don’t get burnt. Is there something else out there? I see aftermarket or other offerings for other manufactures but not much for the Vision.
My 21" Akorn has 3 lower brackets at the same level for the ceramic smoking stone to rest on. Instead of the $40 stone I got a 17" round charcoal grate for a 22" Weber kettle and it rests perfectly on the 3 brackets as an elevated steak charcoal grate or to put up to a 15" pizza stone on it for indirect heating. The 12" pizza stone I usually use is cracked in half but sits flat on the grate no problem. I put a disposable aluminum pan on the stone and a piece of foil in a rectangle to catch drips and deflect heat. I've seen rectangular ceramic pizza stones and dishes on Amazon. Measure the Vision and search for a size that fits.
Brisket 2.jpg

Reactions: midmo
I've heard these Vision lava stones are very prone to cracking. Wish they would fix that because it would get very tiring continuing to replace.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky