Deerlupki (Unstuffed Cabbage)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just to clarify, is that 1/2 Cup cooked or uncooked rice ?

We used Minute Rice, and it was 1/2 Cup before cooking.

Bear

Turned out great ! I made way too much. I hope it freezes okay without the cabbage turning to mush.
This recipe has officially been stolen. Just so ya know. ;) B

Should freeze fine. We often freeze Halupkis, and this is the same as Halupkis, except it's not rolled.
Glad you like it, Brian!!

Bear

Reactions: dwdunlap
Bear, so many thanks for this recipe! A like or point, or whatever it is - you've got'em coming.

I was attracted to the little old lady's primarily because of the cabbage rolls. We've never made any but we both like cooked cabbage. So, thinking why not use your tasty recipe but roll in the leaves?? Could be fun Peggy to do -- even if only once!! :rolleyes: Maybe parboil the leafs; skim the filling out leaving the juice to pour over the rolls?? Would that work?

It maybe 100 degrees outside but it's still 77 inside and that's close enough for "winter" for me!

Bear, so many thanks for this recipe! A like or point, or whatever it is - you've got'em coming.

I was attracted to the little old lady's primarily because of the cabbage rolls. We've never made any but we both like cooked cabbage. So, thinking why not use your tasty recipe but roll in the leaves?? Could be fun Peggy to do -- even if only once!! :rolleyes: Maybe parboil the leafs; skim the filling out leaving the juice to pour over the rolls?? Would that work?

It maybe 100 degrees outside but it's still 77 inside and that's close enough for "winter" for me!

THANK YOU!!
That would probably work, but I never did it.
I know the biggest weakness in Halupkis seems to be getting tough Cabbage leaves (even if you remove the center vein). My DIL has been making them, and she seems to have trouble with the cabbage she buys in the Winter.
These Unstuffed worked Great.

Bear

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the cabbage. Better do some reading.

DW

I know some Boil the Cabbage Leaves, and some Steam them, so I don't know the best way, because we went to the Unstuffed, and don't have that problem.

Bear

The Deerlupki look great Bear and seems like a tasty way to enjoy some ground venison. A plate of that with some butter bread is all I need.

Like!

The Deerlupki look great Bear and seems like a tasty way to enjoy some ground venison. A plate of that with some butter bread is all I need.

Like!

Thank You!!!
Yup, a couple slices of Butter bread goes Great with this!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky