Deer and Wild Hog Processing Day 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You do make some beautiful sausage, nice job.

Cal
Thank you. It's a passion of mine, and the reason I built my smokehouse. I tailored it so I could hang 120# of sausage in it to smoke at one time, and I can control the heat down to +-2.5*F. No telling how much money we save by doing all the processing ourselves. All the money I save-I buy more equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fueling Around
I built mine 2.5' x 2.5' x 6.5' tall. For even heating, I lined the inside with 1/4" Hardi board (concrete board). It is made of inert materials, but for ease of cleaning, I covered it with aluminum flashing. The concrete board will not burn. Has a high fire rating. That is the main reason I used it.
Mine has a 1/8" aluminum floor pan and it is on rollers. If I ever move, I can easily take it with me.
I say, built it bigger than you think you need if you are rebuilding. Especially if you want to smoke sausages. It's easier to maintain the temp. and you don't get wild temp. swings.

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky