Deconstructed ABT’s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
My brain started toying with this idea last week. It was a combination of my wanting to make some keto cheddar chips and the fact I didn’t have time to do full blown ABT’s for our gathering. Ended up being a smash hit. First up some keto bacon cheddar chips. Simple enough , sprinkle some shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon into a sprayed muffin tin. First time using my Goodwill score of a 24 cavity heavy duty unused tin for $3.99.
5A423AB7-5B11-4591-8A54-AAFAAD7821F9.jpeg
Bake at 400F for 10-14 minutes until slightly brown around edges. Takes a bit of practice. Sometimes I go longer for really crispy and other times less. Those warm up to nice gooey bites.
DE0C154A-6ED9-4ECA-8AC0-25EE69174C6A.jpeg
Didn’t get any prep pics on the dip which I winged by taste but did keep notes. 2 blocks softened cream cheese ( I nuked to get extra soft) , 1 cup of Dukes Mayo, 2 small cans minced jalapeños , 1 lbs crumbled browned spicy sausage and a half packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta dip mix. Serve warmed. People went bananas for them lol.
8021528E-7229-493A-89B4-4F67ABDC9DFE.jpeg
Simple but delicious! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Looks great and certainly seems easy to do.

Great post. Gotta try that soon.
Thanks! Lately I’m all about simplicity.
Those look terrific!
I'll admit it, I'm a snackaholic.
You and me both. Four of these and a scoop of dip is pretty satisfying. I like dipping the raw jalapeño as well. I also served some tamed pickled jalapeños to folks.

Reactions: 02ebz06
Nice job Jeff! I bet you can't eat just 1 is the perfect saying for those!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
NICE!

When I was doing keto I lived off of my version of deconstructed ABT's - made a 13x9 pan every week for months, some weeks I had a few leftovers but most weeks we ate the whole pan. I'll never do back to stuffing them. Deconstructed is much easier, and you can really go crazy on what would traditionally be in the stuffing. You can totally add other kinds of peppers when you deconstruct. For flavor, I always added in some poblanos.

Reactions: zwiller
NICE!

When I was doing keto I lived off of my version of deconstructed ABT's - made a 13x9 pan every week for months, some weeks I had a few leftovers but most weeks we ate the whole pan. I'll never do back to stuffing them. Deconstructed is much easier, and you can really go crazy on what would traditionally be in the stuffing. You can totally add other kinds of peppers when you deconstruct. For flavor, I always added in some poblanos.
I do a jalapeño popper casserole that I love. I posted it awhile ago. It’s one of those dishes that keto and non keto just love for sure https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/jalapeño-popper-chicken-casserole.319179/

Those do look good Jeff, I love bringing new appetizers to family outings. This will be on the list for our next one.

Point for sure
Chris

Edit: I bet this cheese would work well in your chips Jeff

1685630686666.png

Last edited:
Man Jeff, all of that looks amazing. One can only think the chips and dip would be an incredible combination. Thanks for sharing buddy. This one is on the "must do" list.

Robert

Those do look good Jeff, I love bringing new appetizers to family outings. This will be on the list for our next one.

Point for sure
Chris

Edit: I bet this cheese would work well in your chips Jeff

View attachment 666846
I’ll have to look for that. I am a huge fan of Cabot cheese! I belong to their public “think tank” insiders group even lol.

I’ll have to look for that. I am a huge fan of Cabot cheese! I belong to their public “think tank” insiders group even lol.
One thing I notice with the pepper cheeses from Cabot. After I smoke them the peppers seem a little hotter. Maybe the little bit of heat in the smoker is enough to bring out the pepper oils.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky