Decisions, decisions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Sorry for the million and one questions.

I need to replace my MES130. THe unit died.

I've looked at various options and more, because of dealing with cold, want to stay with an electric except NOT an MES. THe one that went KAPUT was the 4th in 8 years..

I am now looking at Bradley and have several questions:
1. As bisquettes are stored on out side, is there an issue if it rains or SNOWS. Canada can be "fun" in the winter" [My wife, from Southern California has a different F word]
2. How well do they hold the heat or is there a thermal blanket for it.
3. Overall, how well do they perform. I think I'd like the 4 rack digital one.
4. Comments. I really do appreciate the help.

Of course once I figure this out, the next trick is to find one.

Here is a smoking meat forums link that MAY answer your questions/concerns.

Reactions: chopsaw
Sorry for the million and one questions.

I need to replace my MES130. THe unit died.

I've looked at various options and more, because of dealing with cold, want to stay with an electric except NOT an MES. THe one that went KAPUT was the 4th in 8 years..

I am now looking at Bradley and have several questions:
1. As bisquettes are stored on out side, is there an issue if it rains or SNOWS. Canada can be "fun" in the winter" [My wife, from Southern California has a different F word]
2. How well do they hold the heat or is there a thermal blanket for it.
3. Overall, how well do they perform. I think I'd like the 4 rack digital one.
4. Comments. I really do appreciate the help.

Of course once I figure this out, the next trick is to find one.

I think you can disconnect the briquet smoker contraption and hook up a mailbox mod and roll with an AMNPS and pellets if you want or ever need. Please confirm this as being correct but if this is the case then I think that no matter what you basically have a better option that is your back up option should briquette burner go out or suck :)

From everything I've heard their wood pucks are pricey and hard to find just anywhere Also, to my knowledge there are no generics of the pucks. Much better to run something that will use dust, chips, or chunks.

Reactions: tallbm
So I've decided to get a Bradley Digital. I will be able to pick it up this week as in warehouse instead of store. Smoked meat soon!!!!!!!

Reactions: tallbm
So I've decided to get a Bradley Digital. I will be able to pick it up this week as in warehouse instead of store. Smoked meat soon!!!!!!!
Looking forward to see how it works. We have hardly no Bradley users on SMF it seems. It's always good to get a variety of smokers covered :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky