Dandelion Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

jcam222

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Wow, that is incredibly cool. No dandelions here for a while, but once spring hits this is bookmarked. Thank you for sharing!
Sure thing.this stuff is truly amazing if you want the actual honey flavor without the sugar.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I think I am going to try Asian Pear this time. They not much more than Jicama . I know just have to mess with a good recipe! I finally back on track. Got brave enough to check BS few days ago all looked good.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Well going to have to call this a failure. I just had the flowers in a sandwich bag and got a bunch of water crystals. Has a bit of nasty taste to it. Also could not get a jar to cream. I ended up with 4 cups which is more than should of had. Reduced down to 3 than added 2.5 Alluse and 1 Golden Monk reduced by 1/3. This been a bad week. Threw out pork butt sausage, pork tenderloin because of too long in freezer. Made Mississippi chuck yesterday while good could not get to pull. I afraid to make that cheesecake now.

Attachments

• 20220115_084759.jpg
    20220115_084759.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 7

Smokin Okie

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
That sounds interesting, honey from dandelions. But by the time dandelions come up here, that ham in my freezer will be long gone. Its been there too long and I can't put off smoking it much longer.

But I'll remember this if I ever need honey.

Reactions: jcam222

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
That sounds interesting, honey from dandelions. But by the time dandelions come up here, that ham in my freezer will be long gone. Its been there too long and I can't put off smoking it much longer.

But I'll remember this if I ever need honey.
This is pretty good. I messed up that last batch using old flowers that been in the freezer but the previous ones I made with fresh were good.

Reactions: jcam222

jcam222

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
This is pretty good. I messed up that last batch using old flowers that been in the freezer but the previous ones I made with fresh were good.
I love this stuff plain or creamed with peanut butter for a snack. Makes crazy good dressings and more. I’m going to make way more of it this year. Always bums me out when I run out. Wondering if dehydrated flowers would work.

Latest posts

Hot Threads