Dandelion Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, that is incredibly cool. No dandelions here for a while, but once spring hits this is bookmarked. Thank you for sharing!
Sure thing.this stuff is truly amazing if you want the actual honey flavor without the sugar.

I think I am going to try Asian Pear this time. They not much more than Jicama . I know just have to mess with a good recipe! I finally back on track. Got brave enough to check BS few days ago all looked good.

Well going to have to call this a failure. I just had the flowers in a sandwich bag and got a bunch of water crystals. Has a bit of nasty taste to it. Also could not get a jar to cream. I ended up with 4 cups which is more than should of had. Reduced down to 3 than added 2.5 Alluse and 1 Golden Monk reduced by 1/3. This been a bad week. Threw out pork butt sausage, pork tenderloin because of too long in freezer. Made Mississippi chuck yesterday while good could not get to pull. I afraid to make that cheesecake now.

Attachments

• 20220115_084759.jpg
    20220115_084759.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 9
That sounds interesting, honey from dandelions. But by the time dandelions come up here, that ham in my freezer will be long gone. Its been there too long and I can't put off smoking it much longer.

But I'll remember this if I ever need honey.

Reactions: jcam222
That sounds interesting, honey from dandelions. But by the time dandelions come up here, that ham in my freezer will be long gone. Its been there too long and I can't put off smoking it much longer.

But I'll remember this if I ever need honey.
This is pretty good. I messed up that last batch using old flowers that been in the freezer but the previous ones I made with fresh were good.

Reactions: jcam222
This is pretty good. I messed up that last batch using old flowers that been in the freezer but the previous ones I made with fresh were good.
I love this stuff plain or creamed with peanut butter for a snack. Makes crazy good dressings and more. I’m going to make way more of it this year. Always bums me out when I run out. Wondering if dehydrated flowers would work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky