Cutting down on red meats.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The sugar, in general, will kill us and make our lives more difficult long before red or white meat fat included will. I’m a meat tater kind of guy, not big on carbs other than some beer. That’s how I’m going out, right or wrong, but I’m pretty sure I’m right about the sugar.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
75% or more of our meals are fish, because we fish way too much. The remainder is filled with poultry or whatever. Both of us really don't miss red meat but will splurge on some once in awhile.

Reactions: flatbroke
The sugar, in general, will kill us and make our lives more difficult long before red or white meat fat included will. I’m a meat tater kind of guy, not big on carbs other than some beer. That’s how I’m going out, right or wrong, but I’m pretty sure I’m right about the sugar.
I think I recall reading that fat is actually an insulin blocker thus a big reason rise In pre diabetes, diabetes type 2. Supposedly fat blocks the insulin from entering the cell and the body produces more insulin. Which also creates a false low a1c number.

can’t remember where I read it but doesn’t matter as I’m not affected

Saw a nextflix documentary recently called What the Health. I thought it was worth watching

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky