Cured Chicken Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Finally got around to trying the cured smoked chicken breast from this weekend. Got to say pretty awesome. Used pop's low salt brine and injected than put in brine for 7 days. Soaked in cold water 1 hour. Smoke at 230 until 160. Been sitting in fridge for 2 days. Probably the best chicken breast I have had.

20200301_140418.jpg 20200303_164428.jpg

Very nice, looks tasty. Makes a huge difference brining the chicken, pops brine is a perfect method too.

Looks great . I've been adding 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp of lemon extract to Pop's low salt brine . Soak over night . Comes out fantastic .

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Nice looking breasts! I smoke chicken/turkey breasts two/three times a year. I vac pack them, cure them for about 6 days and smoke at 225 for 2.5 / 3.5 hours. Then they go in the water bath with my SV circulator set at 170F until IM is 165F. They always tender, juicy and tasty. Unfortunately, after I keep them in the freezer for a few month vack packed, they become a little dry. Not too dry but noticeably drier. Well... this is white meat muscle with not fat.... But I like them anyway! :emoji_wink:

Been meaning to get some of that. Have lemon bitters.
I had it from some sausage I made . Just tried it one time with the brine and loved it . If you want to try it , maybe start with the 1/4 tsp to a gallon of brine , and work your way up from there .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky