Cuban Mojo Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
So I wanted to try something a little different this weekend so I decided to try Cuban Mojo Pork! I found this recipe online:

The juice from
2-3 oranges
2 lemons
3 limes
Then add 20 garlic cloves
1tsp Oregano
1tsp Cumin
1tsp Salt

Put this all in the blender. Save 1 cup add the rest to a ziplock with pork shoulder overnight. Here it is after an overnight in the fridge.

thumbnail_IMG_6192.jpg

Smoked with apple until it was 160, then added 1/2 the reserved mojo and foiled.

thumbnail_IMG_6193.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6194.jpg

After foiling I put back on until the temp was 205. I sautéed an onion with the rest of the reserved mojo and added 1/2 cup of the drippings from the foil pan. Then pulled the pork and added the onion / mojo mixture back into the pork!

thumbnail_IMG_6195.jpg

I didn't get a picture of it pulled because my hands were in it but I did get a picture of my plate. All and all it was a great cook! It was nothing like I have ever had before! Now I would like to try a Cuban Sandwhich!

looks mighty tasty to me.

Point for sure
Chris

That orange-lemon-lime is exactly on the mark. If you can get sour oranges, those are really authentic. That's what the combo is attempting to replicate, though the combo is pretty good on its own. The garlic should hit you over the head. You can tinker with the herb component. Salt to taste.

If you buy mojo, check the ingredients first. Some are much better than others. Watch out for something like water, orange juice concentrate, citric acid.

Mojo works with chicken, too.

Reactions: noboundaries
That orange-lemon-lime is exactly on the mark. If you can get sour oranges, those are really authentic. That's what the combo is attempting to replicate, though the combo is pretty good on its own. The garlic should hit you over the head. You can tinker with the herb component. Salt to taste.

If you buy mojo, check the ingredients first. Some are much better than others. Watch out for something like water, orange juice concentrate, citric acid.

Mojo works with chicken, too.
Oooooo I will have to try on chicken as well! thanks for the advice!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky