Creamy Shrimp, Scallop and Cheese Grits...Picture lite.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you nailed it! good work! Hope everyone loved the grits.
Everybody loved them, although it's just the wife and I. Appreciate the compliment and like Sandyut.

Chris

jaxgatorz jaxgatorz thanks for the like.

I like grits. I like banjo’s. And I like you.

Thank you SMF for the perfect match.
Ahhh shucks Justin, now your making me blush. Appreciate the compliment and like.

Chris

Chris thats a real nice looking plate of food. I myself do not like shell fish of any kind. But cook it for Mona . She would be in heaven if I cooked and served this to her. Just might happen.

Fantastic

David

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
Chris, nice job on the shrimp n grits, they look fantastic!

It’s nice to see you like them because now you have another go to meal under your belt, variety is always nice and the next time with lobster sounds pretty great!! Actually I have a bag of langostino tails in my freezer, so thank you for that idea!!

Chris thats a real nice looking plate of food. I myself do not like shell fish of any kind. But cook it for Mona . She would be in heaven if I cooked and served this to her. Just might happen.

Fantastic

David
Appreciate it David and for the like. If Mona likes shell fish then she would love this, and I'll let you in on a secret. The cheesy grits by themselves taste great.

Wow Chris. That looks fantastic! Going on the list.
Thank you kindly Brian for the like and compliment. Give it a try and post up what you think. I reheated a bowl the next day, and it was just as good.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Chris, nice job on the shrimp n grits, they look fantastic!

It’s nice to see you like them because now you have another go to meal under your belt, variety is always nice and the next time with lobster sounds pretty great!! Actually I have a bag of langostino tails in my freezer, so thank you for that idea!!

Appreciate it xray and for the like. My son and his family are pescatarians. so this meal will be on the menu. The next time they come over for supper.

Chris

Based on your one picture; You are an honorary "Southena", Suh.

I live in shrimp country and yours is as fine a looking bowl of Shrimp & Grits as I've seen.

POINT!!

Looks great! Don't see grits around here much, but I might have to try your recipe. I'll eat just about anything if you add shrimp.

Based on your one picture; You are an honorary "Southena", Suh.

I live in shrimp country and yours is as fine a looking bowl of Shrimp & Grits as I've seen.

POINT!!
Appreciate it Jack and for the point. This Yankee would be proud to be an honorary Southerna.

Looks great! Don't see grits around here much, but I might have to try your recipe. I'll eat just about anything if you add shrimp.
Thank you Matt and for the like. Check out where they sell oatmeal in your local grocer. That's where I found these, or you can use one of the links provided in earlier posts and order real grits online. Shrimp is the perfect mate for grits.

Chris

Reactions: one eyed jack
Well Chris. Between you and Brian carrying on with the grits. I had to make a bowl for breakfast. Nothing fancy. Just with bacon and cheddar. And this was the first time I used chicken stock instead of water. What a game changer that is! I'm sure I've had before that way while eating out. But homemade is just delicious.

Well Chris. Between you and Brian carrying on with the grits. I had to make a bowl for breakfast. Nothing fancy. Just with bacon and cheddar. And this was the first time I used chicken stock instead of water. What a game changer that is! I'm sure I've had before that way while eating out. But homemade is just delicious.

Sounds really good Steve. I was wondering if the chicken broth made a difference. Thanks for proving that it does.

Love that dish, could eat it 3 or 4 times a week! As usual yours looks delicious!!
Al

Appreciate it Al and for the like. We're already planning our next grit adventure. They'll be in our monthly rotation from here on out. Very simple to make and tastes great.

Chris

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky