CRAWFISH TIME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have to get the frozen ones in Minnesota, I contacted the DNR for a permit to import live ones and they said no. We have been getting by with the Walmart ones too.

But, I just got back from a weekend in the French Quarter so I'm full of crawfish (and chargrilled oysters) for a little while.

View attachment 524389
Guess I didnt know you needed a permit to have them shipped.. .. I suppose for resale as bait that would make since. But for consuming it seems a bit unfair.

Guess I didnt know you needed a permit to have them shipped.. .. I suppose for resale as bait that would make since. But for consuming it seems a bit unfair.
I've heard people fly them in but it's not "legal" here. If you have a restaurant license you can do it.

*Unfortunately, we are unable to ship LIVE Crawfish to HAWAII, WASHINGTON, MICHIGAN, ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN, PENNSYLVANIA, MINNESOTA or OREGON due to restrictions by the Department of Natural Resources*

I told the DNR lady I guarantee every one will be dead and none will make it to a lake, that wasn't good enough for her.

I've heard people fly them in but it's not "legal" here. If you have a restaurant license you can do it.

*Unfortunately, we are unable to ship LIVE Crawfish to HAWAII, WASHINGTON, MICHIGAN, ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN, PENNSYLVANIA, MINNESOTA or OREGON due to restrictions by the Department of Natural Resources*

I told the DNR lady I guarantee every one will be dead and none will make it to a lake, that wasn't good enough for her.
Man that sucks.. I mean I get why they have those regulations...

Reactions: Apparition
We have two lakes that near by me that have lots. You need a fishing license and gear to get them. As a kid I would go with my brother (he was a scuba instructor) to one and I would be the cook of the crawdad boils the students would collect while diving.

More recently my kids would catch them with a just a mask.....made for perfect dinner meals! Bass and Crawdad boils....

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and Sowsage
All I can say is WAY TO GO TRAVIS!! So cool to see your kids enjoying it like they are. I grew up not far from the Chesapeake Bay and there were crab shacks on every corner. We'd get a couple bushels of steamed spiced crabs, lay the newspaper out on the picnic tables, and spend all day cracking crabs and drinking beer. I'd always get a big pile of crab meat built up with the intention of chowing down. Never seemed to work though because about the time Id get a nice pile of meat ready to devour, here came my daughters. They had no shame and would eat everything I just spent an hour cracking crabs for :emoji_laughing:

Oh the memories....
Robert

All I can say is WAY TO GO TRAVIS!! So cool to see your kids enjoying it like they are. I grew up not far from the Chesapeake Bay and there were crab shacks on every corner. We'd get a couple bushels of steamed spiced crabs, lay the newspaper out on the picnic tables, and spend all day cracking crabs and drinking beer. I'd always get a big pile of crab meat built up with the intention of chowing down. Never seemed to work though because about the time Id get a nice pile of meat ready to devour, here came my daughters. They had no shame and would eat everything I just spent an hour cracking crabs for :emoji_laughing:

Oh the memories....
Robert
That sounds like it was a great time!!.. Lol. I think I only had mybe three crawfish!.. And between Ryder and I we peeled enough tails for Knox to have a steady supply😂.

Looks Great, Travis!!
Would I be correct if I'd be guessing that "Knox is a Piece of Work??"
He loves to Party??
Like.

Bear

Looks Great, Travis!!
Would I be correct if I'd be guessing that "Knox is a Piece of Work??"
He loves to Party??
Like.

Bear
😂😂 yep! Hes my "not so reserved" one .... But.... I had that coming! Lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky