Crawfish Boudin ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have always used natural casing from Butchers and Packers, either hog or sheep. I have had very good results from them.

The thing about all sausage is to keep it cold. Period! It cut/grinds better cold. its easier to season and mix, although its cold as all get out. Its help firm up the sausage before stiffing, etc etc .....

After you smoke it ( about 2 hours total max, ya see its all cooked already), into chill. once its rested and cold, then I bag and tag it. Its not hard, its just the most important thing is cold when dealing with meats. When you add rice or a starch you've really got to watch it. Don't want any one to get sick.

Thanks.

Bag and tag? Vacuum seal and freeze?

Thank you

Well if your boudin is make correctly, I never even notice that liver taste. I think in this case, its more in my mind than in my mouth.....LOL

I mean it's been a while since I had crawfish, but I still remember them as pretty delicate as a flavour. I could just be crazy though!

Guess I need to find time to go crawfishing. I looked on-line and Foam is right, you can buy prime rib cheaper. What a disappointment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky