• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cowboy Campfire Ribs/With Q-View

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rgacat

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Feb 5, 2010
They look delicious
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

caveman

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Feb 5, 2010
I've never seen that kind of setup before at a campground. Pretty cool. Nice looking ribs too.

caveman

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Feb 5, 2010
You see, that is what I get for being a city person. My backyard is my neighbor's kitchen window.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
I think that style cooking is great and you do it well. My back yard is called Beouf River. (Beff)

corn cob

Meat Mopper
Mar 30, 2010
Yep, it's the stuff I cut my teeth on...Meat cooked in the dry heat of wood coals..,..Brings a tear to my eye!

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
Just watch out for any crazy critters that come by and steal your meat. haha

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Now thats TOO COOL. I know I just a dumb surfer dude but I haven't seen one of those anywhere. How long does it take for it seems like the meat is way off the heat. I know you wouldn't want it too close then you'll have dry or tough ribs. Maybe I should just look in amasement and say Ya hoo. Oh yea my backyard most call the Atlantic Ocean but I call it "home"

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Aug 4, 2009
Thats cool i have wanted to get one of those cooking racks thats some great looking ribs, how long did you cook them for?

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 23, 2010
nice looking ribs, my backyard is my deck lol, the good thing is I never have to cut the grass haha

corn cob

Meat Mopper
Mar 30, 2010
rbranster ~~ No problem with meat eatin critters...so far --- it's the "vegetarians" that give me fits...Coons and deer in the corn, peas and okra!

mballi3011 ~~ The Swing grill that holds the ribs is from Bass Pro...The remainder of the "stuff" is homemade but not my original idea. The ribs were about 28 inches directly above the coals...At this distance they cook slow. The wind was mostly calm..so the heat rose straight up to the meat....
It is the same principle as the open BBQ pits that were made of cinder block or bricks. Some of these old pits were 20-30 feet long, fired completely by wood, and produced true Southern pit BBQ. Every town of any size had someone selling "Real Pit BBQ" along the roadside...Sometimes it was a restaurant, filling station, or often a stand alone BBQ joint! ~~~~ The Rendezvous, Nationally Famous Restaurant in Memphis uses a similar method to produce their Charcoal Grilled (loin back) Ribs.

pandemonium ~~ From the time I struck the match till time to eat...probably 10 hours...Time on the heat...About 7 hours...The first 3 hours was spent burning down wood to coals....

Fun!

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
Corn Cob you ever make a cobbler in a iron duch oven over them coals and some on top?

corn cob

Meat Mopper
Mar 30, 2010
Hahaha!! Well you and the guy with the ocean in the backyard think about the old man when it's 100* out, and I'm on a John Deere bush hogging...Drink a cool one for me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky