Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any good tips on how to get the string back into the hood on my hoodie?
Ooh, I know this one! Feed the string through the biggest safety pin that will fit (closed, of course) through the drawstring channel. Then you can work the safety pin through, by feel, pulling the string behind it, until it come out the other side.

Then tie bigger knots in both ends of the drawstring so you aren't endlessly repeating the process!

But if you took the shot, and it is so effective, why would you worry about who you are sitting next to? And, how would you know? Do you ask people about that?

This is what I don't get. The supposed efficacy of this shot. "Vaccines" used to give acquired immunity. That is the thing, this is not a vaccine. It's a shot that may keep you from getting really sick from covid, although I don't think there is any proof that that is the case. Maybe there is.

I had Covid once, maybe twice. Why should I get a shot for it? That makes me an "anti-vaxxer"? What a stupid term. Maybe it just means I don't want the shot. Why should I be forced to get it to keep hospital beds open for diabetics, heart disease patients, drug overdoes, etc.? When did the government and the general public become responsible for hospital management?

And yes, your proof thing about attending events is WAY too much to ask. YOU stay home if you are so afraid.

It is all absurd.

Do you feel the same way about drunk drivers? If you are afraid of a drunk driver do you just stay home? Isn't is better that drunk drivers are kept off the streets?

Not meaning to inflame things further but are you really as selfish as your response indicates? Do you really not care about anyone else but yourself?

If you don't want the shot, what are you? Someone who doesn't want the shot is...? How do you feel about polio shots, smallpox shots? Why should a hospital treat someone who has Covid after refusing vaccination? Why should an insurance company or Medicare pay for it? Shouldn't vaccination status be like cigarette smoking when it comes to health care and insurance rates?

Do you feel the same way about drunk drivers? If you are afraid of a drunk driver do you just stay home? Isn't is better that drunk drivers are kept off the streets?

Not meaning to inflame things further but are you really as selfish as your response indicates? Do you really not care about anyone else but yourself?

If you don't want the shot, what are you? Someone who doesn't want the shot is...? How do you feel about polio shots, smallpox shots? Why should a hospital treat someone who has Covid after refusing vaccination? Why should an insurance company or Medicare pay for it? Shouldn't vaccination status be like cigarette smoking when it comes to health care and insurance rates?
Maybe we should not allow fat people, or those with high BP, cholesterol, diabetics to recieve medical treatment if the doctor finds out they drank a Mt dew or had pulled pork before their heart attack/stroke........makes no damn sense

studies show that those that have recovered from COVID are 6-13x mor protected than from the vaccine alone, does that mean that those of us that have had COVID should mandate the folks who are only vaxed to get COVID to improve their protection?

what other cause of death do we count in the death count if someone dies of something else? Example : admitted to ER with multiple gunshot wounds but listed as COVID death because they were COVID positive... and to those who say it doesn’t happen, there are plenty of “authorities” admitting that if you died with COVID it counts as a COVID death, feel free to do your own research

Reactions: 801driver
Maybe we should not allow fat people, or those with high BP, cholesterol, diabetics to recieve medical treatment if the doctor finds out they drank a Mt dew or had pulled pork before their heart attack/stroke........makes no damn sense
What about the jurisdictions that require you to ask for a salt shaker, or limit the size of a soda you can legally buy?

Reactions: TNJAKE
studies show that those that have recovered from COVID are 6-13x mor protected than from the vaccine alone, does that mean that those of us that have had COVID should mandate the folks who are only vaxed to get COVID to improve their protection?

what other cause of death do we count in the death count if someone dies of something else? Example : admitted to ER with multiple gunshot wounds but listed as COVID death because they were COVID positive... and to those who say it doesn’t happen, there are plenty of “authorities” admitting that if you died with COVID it counts as a COVID death, feel free to do your own research

What study is that? This one? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/natural-immunity-vaccination-covid-174646754.html

I have done my own research. It tends to be science based rather than politically based research. Would you agree there were people who were found dead in their homes and never tested for Covid might have died from Covid and it wasn't counted? Can we agree the actual death toll from Covid is between 600K and 800K depending on how it is counted or do you believe the numbers are different from that? I would be interested to see your research........

None of this is true. People who have recovered from COVID more likely to be reinfected than people who are up to date on the COVID vaccine schedule.

" Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99)." (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm?s_cid=mm7044e1_w#contribAff)

One of the things about the human brain is that we are naturally attracted to 'research' that fits our own preconceived notions. We seek out information that already confirms what we think and we immediately reject information that runs contrary to that. But that's not how science works and the scientists, public health officials, clinicians etc. are all tirelessly working to slow the pandemic.

There are lots of posts in this thread about not being comfortable with mandates and wanting personal choice. I understand that from one perspective. But the problem is there are already plenty of mandates! Kids have to be vaccinated to go to school, we have to pay taxes, we are not allowed to drive drunk, we can't smoke in certain places, etc. And like it or not, if you participate in society you have an obligation to keep society safe. Vaccines aren't just to protect you, they're to protect everyone.

Edit: We try to account for risks in our everyday life and people are trying to do that with the vaccines too. But we are TERRIBLE at evaluating risks even if we think we're fantastic at it. Absolutely bonkers terrible at it. It's wild if you read the research on risk evaluation.

What study is that? This one? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/natural-immunity-vaccination-covid-174646754.html

I have done my own research. It tends to be science based rather than politically based research. Would you agree there were people who were found dead in their homes and never tested for Covid might have died from Covid and it wasn't counted? Can we agree the actual death toll from Covid is between 600K and 800K depending on how it is counted or do you believe the numbers are different from that? I would be interested to see your research........

I don’t have time at this moment to read through that study (supposed to listening to a conference call lol). My point was/is we have no clue how many people have died from COVID, when studies show that on average the people who have died from COVID had 4 comorbidities and even with this included we are still well south of 1% death rate it’s kinda hard to buy in that this isn’t just getting blown out of proportion for someone’s political gain.

If the plan was to divide the country well then mission accomplished. Can you imagine if this much effort (COVID propaganda) was put into actually fixing the health issues around the world such as cancer, heart disease etc instead of trying to convince people that this is the apocalypse when for a majority of us under the age of 65 have next to zero chance of dying from.

I don’t have time at this moment to read through that study (supposed to listening to a conference call lol). My point was/is we have no clue how many people have died from COVID, when studies show that on average the people who have died from COVID had 4 comorbidities and even with this included we are still well south of 1% death rate it’s kinda hard to buy in that this isn’t just getting blown out of proportion for someone’s political gain.

If the plan was to divide the country well then mission accomplished. Can you imagine if this much effort (COVID propaganda) was put into actually fixing the health issues around the world such as cancer, heart disease etc instead of trying to convince people that this is the apocalypse when for a majority of us under the age of 65 have next to zero chance of dying from.

Next to zero chance of dying? That's insulting from someone who is very lucky to not be a statistic. Maybe with some personal experience you will feel differently. When I caught it I didn't have the option of refusing a vaccine.

Next to zero chance of dying? That's insulting from someone who is very lucky to not be a statistic. Maybe with some personal experience you will feel differently. When I caught it I didn't have the option of refusing a vaccine.

the statistics say sub 1% death rate, that’s pretty damn close to zero I would say. I have had COVID, my wife, mother, father, mother in law And all 3 kids have recovered from COVID.
My father in law was listed as a COVID death because he had COVID and was on hospice with leukemia and given 2 weeks to live prior to COVID diagnosis, at the 6 day mark after COVID diagnosis he tested negative for covid, he had a stroke and died 2 weeks later and made the covid list.

how much more personal experience would you like on my end?

Sorry JJS not trying to pick on you personally but this is a good example of what I mean by our inability to evaluate risks as humans. Right now the estimated CFR of COVID-19 in the USA is about 1.62%. More than 700,000 people have already died from the virus and many many more still will unfortunately. Let's just say that the death rate is 1%. For perspective 1% of the estimated US population is >32million people! Now, not that many will be infected especially since the vaccines are out- for example in August of 2020 the estimated CFR was >3%. Vaccines, masking, distancing help! And for more reference, the estimated rate for influenza virus is between 0.1 and 0.2%.

We also need to remember that this isn't a US centric issue. It's a pandemic- worldwide. So political gain does not hold water.

Reactions: noboundaries
the statistics say sub 1% death rate, that’s pretty damn close to zero I would say. I have had COVID, my wife, mother, father, mother in law And all 3 kids have recovered from COVID.
My father in law was listed as a COVID death because he had COVID and was on hospice with leukemia and given 2 weeks to live prior to COVID diagnosis, at the 6 day mark after COVID diagnosis he tested negative for covid, he had a stroke and died 2 weeks later and made the covid list.

how much more personal experience would you like on my end?

Personally I find this more credible. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...-half-of-global-coronavirus-deaths-unreported.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
My wife and I had our second Pfizer shots in late March, and we're both 67, so it appears that it's (past) time for us to have our boosters. People under 65 supposedly don't need them. We're really close to the cut off age, so we wonder if we really need them. I have very well managed high blood pressure and my wife is perfectly healthy.

So, we have two questions: 1) Do we need the booster (under 65 apparently do not); and 2) Is the booster effective; i.e., are breakthrough infections less likely or less serious for fully vaccinated people with a booster vs. fully vaccinated without?

I can't find good answers to either of these questions.

If we really don't need it or if it's really not effective, I don't want it. Otherwise, I'll get it.

Has anyone gotten answers to our questions?

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about making a batch of Tex-Mex style chili using smoked chuck roast.

My wife and I had our second Pfizer shots in late March, and we're both 67, so it appears that it's (past) time for us to have our boosters. People under 65 supposedly don't need them. We're really close to the cut off age, so we wonder if we really need them. I have very well managed high blood pressure and my wife is perfectly healthy.

So, we have two questions: 1) Do we need the booster (under 65 apparently do not); and 2) Is the booster effective; i.e., are breakthrough infections less likely or less serious for fully vaccinated people with a booster vs. fully vaccinated without?

I can't find good answers to either of these questions.

If we really don't need it or if it's really not effective, I don't want it. Otherwise, I'll get it.

Has anyone gotten answers to our questions?

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about making a batch of Tex-Mex style chili using smoked chuck roast.

Please don't take any medical advice from this forum - these are questions for your doctor.

That chili sounds damned good though. :emoji_laughing:

Ooh, I know this one! Feed the string through the biggest safety pin that will fit (closed, of course) through the drawstring channel. Then you can work the safety pin through, by feel, pulling the string behind it, until it come out the other side.

Then tie bigger knots in both ends of the drawstring so you aren't endlessly repeating the process!
Wasn't easy but that actually worked lol

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I Smoked some country style ribs with Hickory. Ran them for about 2 hours and then I put em in a foil pan and braised them with Stubbs Original BBQ sauce, Honey, & a stick of unsalted butter for an hour.

Winner Winner Pork CSR Dinner!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
Try salted butter next time! :emoji_laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky