Couple Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Got up this morning round 3. Rubbed up a couple 8lb butts with killer hogs.
IMG_20210118_052742.jpg

Left them on the counter while I got the stickburner up to 250. We had freezing rain last night so took about an hour. Used hickory and cherry wood
IMG_20210118_054730.jpg

Butts on the smoker
IMG_20210118_054448.jpg

Sun finally came up. Thin blue smoke
IMG_20210118_074735.jpg
IMG_20210118_074742.jpg

Couple hours in. Starting to take some color
IMG_20210118_075139.jpg

About 8hrs in
IMG_20210118_135710.jpg

Smelling delicious. No wrap, no spritz. Just smoke and rub. Hanging out having a great time without stressing details
IMG_20210118_155344.jpg

11hrs later beautiful bark. Juices flowing. Probing like butter. These baby's are done. Pulled off and let rest for an hour then pulled
IMG_20210118_193733.jpg

One pan for us and the other for an older friend of ours that loves pulled pork. Gonna vac seal his and deliver tomorrow.
IMG_20210118_193805.jpg

Awesome smoke ring
IMG_20210118_194346.jpg

My sandwich with sauce, red onion and pickle. Man this was so delicious. Wife said best ever

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_135710.jpg
    IMG_20210118_135710.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 5
Oh man a lot of butts being made. Those look great. I’ve actually never had a pp sandwich with red known. I have to try it now

Looks top notch Jake, awesome cook and meal...

I’d sure take a plate!

We had freezing fog, nasty stuff!

Oh man a lot of butts being made. Those look great. I’ve actually never had a pp sandwich with red known. I have to try it now
Thanks Brian. I love onion an pickles on my pulled pork sandwiches. Give it a try you won't hate it

Looks top notch Jake, awesome cook and meal...

I’d sure take a plate!

We had freezing fog, nasty stuff!
Thanks Justin. We got a dusting of snow then the freezing rain took over. Smoker doors were frozen shut lol. We get the freezing fog as well here. Can definitely make the roads a nightmare. I live at 1000ft elevation with lots of hills and hollers and it makes our creek crossings slick as hell

Last edited:
Reactions: 912smoker
Thanks Brian. I love onion an pickles on my pulled pork sandwiches. Give it a try you won't hate it
I’m with you , onions and pickles are great on pulled pork. Try something crazy sometime with thinly sliced apple and sharp white cheddar. You pulled looks fantastic!! You’ve been giving the stick burner a nice workout lately!

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
I’m with you , onions and pickles are great on pulled pork. Try something crazy sometime with thinly sliced apple and sharp white cheddar. You pulled looks fantastic!! You’ve been giving the stick burner a nice workout lately!
Thanks Jeff. I've done sharp white cheddar on mine but never apples. If you recommend it I know it will be great so I'll give it a go. Feels good to have the offset out. A rewarding cook everytime. Can't wait to see yours in action

Reactions: jcam222
Nailed it.

What's your take on pickled red onions?
View attachment 481000
Thanks bud. I'd have preferred pickled red onions for sure. I love them. Need to make a batch as I've had a couple things recently I wished I had them for. I'm sure you've heard of Nashville hot chicken. They also do Nashville hot catfish sandwiches. I always get pickles, pickled red onions and tartar sauce on mine..... delicious

Thanks Justin. We got a dusting of snow then the freezing rain took over. Smoker doors were frozen shut lol. We get the freezing fog as well here. Can definitely make the roads a nightmare. I live at 1000ft elevation with lots of hills and hollers and it makes our creek crossings slick as hell

Dang Jake, when it gets to the point of freezing smoker doors shut... Enough is enough! Haha

Sounds as if our climates are kinda similar! We are just shy of 5,000 ft and the weather has its own state of mind this time of year!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Great job
Pork butts are fun and so forgiving
Evening fellas and non fellas. Got up this morning round 3. Rubbed up a couple 8lb butts with killer hogs.
One pan for us and the other for an older friend of ours that loves pulled pork. Gonna vac seal his and deliver tomorrow.
That's very generous of you

Lookin' dang tasty, Jake! Makes me really miss my ol' stick burner! Might have to remedy that this year. I'm thinkin' a big ol' scoop of Carolina style slaw would top off that sammie perfectly!!

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Jake. Love PP, the Mrs. not so much. Got one in the freezer, might have to use it soon.
Your sandwich setup is exactly the way I like it. Great job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky