Country Style Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mayville, Mi
I have grilled country style ribs many times before my wife and love them(I know the aren't really ribs) but I never see anything posted about smoking or grilling. Is this meat consider taboo in the BBQ world. Just wondering, I hope I have not caused myself to be banished as I plan this smoke some this weekend. As anyone smoked them before or are they not worth the trouble?

Thanks!

I will not ban you, I love them.

My favorite is to smoke them over mesquite and apple and spray them with apple juice throughout the smoke.

real country ribs -
cut from loin-
are delishioso...

country style-ribs--
cut from the butt are good eating.

i prefer the loin cuts..
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

Smoked Cake
icon_idea.gif
icon_cool.gif

There is nothing wrong with country style ribs. We have posts all the time about them. The only problem I have with them is getting them tender before I dry them out. Foiling at the proper time is a must.

JTS -

Nothin edible is taboo! I'm smoking bannas I never saw that either just hit me to try it because my Dr said I needed potasium so ....

I'm thinking maybe they just haven't been on sale lately? They are great and meaty no matter what they "really" are! Yummmmmmmmmmmm

Sooooo .... don't forget the pictures?

Jts70, PLEASE pay no attention to the previous posts as they are WRONG!!! You WILL be banned from the site, banned from using your smoker for 1 yr, and banned from any alcohol............UNLESS, you send enough to feed 2 adults and 2 childern to western Kansas.(my house)

I'm sorry, I don't make the rules. I will expect them to be hot upon arrival. Consider this a warning.

PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

If you follow these rules, I will cut you a deal on a nice bridge.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Ok, enough BS. Smoke anything you want, smoke EVERYTHING. Just show us some pics. This is not a site that discriminates, or I'd have been gone a LONG time ago!
icon_redface.gif

Good luck this weekend. Love to hear how it goes and how you make them.

Peace, Out

I love the boneless Country Style Ribs. They are easy to come by and frequently on sale. Thats usualy what I buy to make my dry cured bacon from. Pork Bellys are hard to come by and have too much fat for the most part. The CSR is just pork butt, and is already cut to the right size to cure quickly, slices nicely into a fimilar shaped bacon strip, and it fits on my small slicer easily. I also grind them into sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky