Country Style Ribs, and a few questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

djknutz00

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
wormleysburg, pa
Happy 4th of july to everyone!!! Just finished adding some lavalock felt around the door of my charbroil vertical cabinet last week, and cant wait to get it rolling today. I purchased a meat bundle from my local Karns, and it has a good amout of bone in country style ribs included with the bundle, along with chicken drumsticks, thighs, extra lean chopped steak, a few pounds of various flavors of fresh sausages, 20 pounds of meat, and i know what i am doing with everything but these country style ribs. I know they are a shoulder cut, and they have been in my new dry rub in the fridge for a few hours now, but can they be smoked like a pork butt, and taken up to 205 for pulled pork, since they are more of a shoulder cut instead of really a rib cut? I have looked everywhere, and i see a lot of diverse info on how to cook them but i just wanted to know if anyone had any info on whether it could be done to take them up high enough to be pulled pork, or do them more akin to ribs and chops. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
CSR's are one of my favorites. I smoke them in Jeff's rub at 250-275* for about 2-3 hours. Then, I put them in an aluminum pan with a braise of half Jeff's sauce and half apple juice. Maybe a little honey, if you like the sweetness. I put in enough to have the braise half way up on the CSR's. I let them cook for about 45 minutes and turn them over for another 45 minutes. They should be very fork tender by then.

CSR's are one of my favorites. I smoke them in Jeff's rub at 250-275* for about 2-3 hours. Then, I put them in an aluminum pan with a braise of half Jeff's sauce and half apple juice. Maybe a little honey, if you like the sweetness. I put in enough to have the braise half way up on the CSR's. I let them cook for about 45 minutes and turn them over for another 45 minutes. They should be very fork tender by then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky