Country style pork ribs smoked on the Primo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
It seemed like eternity since I last whipped up some of these country style ribs and Mrs philpom had recently brought a pack of nice ones home. A perfect Sunday afternoon smoke.

I brought the primo up to 250°f using fogo lump and a combination of mesquite chips and hickory chunks. Seasoned the meat with my house blend pork rub GPR #86 and on the Primo they went.

20230423_163134.jpg

I spritzed with apple cider vinegar a few time during the cook. These took about 150 minutes to probe tender at an internal temp of around 197°f.

20230423_181544.jpg

20230423_184116_resized.jpg

Tasty nuggets but honestly I should have pulled them closer to 190°f I.T.

I served it with some hashbrown cakes and dare I say ketchup. :)
20230423_141252_resized.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. What's something you haven't done in awhile? Maybe it's time!

It seemed like eternity since I last whipped up some of these country style ribs and Mrs philpom had recently brought a pack of nice ones home. A perfect Sunday afternoon smoke.

I brought the primo up to 250°f using fogo lump and a combination of mesquite chips and hickory chunks. Seasoned the meat with my house blend pork rub GPR #86 and on the Primo they went.

View attachment 663638

I spritzed with apple cider vinegar a few time during the cook. These took about 150 minutes to probe tender at an internal temp of around 197°f.

View attachment 663637
View attachment 663636

I served it with some hashbrown cakes and dare I say ketchup. :)View attachment 663639

Thanks for checking it out. What's something you haven't done in awhile? Maybe it's time!
Looks great and YES on the ketchup for those hash browns.

Reactions: philpom
Thanks everyone, had leftovers today for lunch and it was tasty. Just cubed some up and had it with cubed cheese kinda like a buc ees road cup. Trying to figure on the next cook, we like to keep plenty of meat around as we don't eat out often.

Going to do some CS ribs on the Akorn Auto-kamado tomorrow. Did a small batch last week (sorry, no pics) trying out 3 different rubs. Wife pronounced them all good and the ones with Jeff's rub as 'delicious'.

Reactions: philpom

View attachment 663638

View attachment 663637
View attachment 663636

I served it with some hashbrown cakes and dare I say ketchup. :)View attachment 663639

Thanks for sharing, I tried to smoke some country style pork ribs that I cut from a boneless butt. Not sure what I did wrong but they cam out really tough. But they were all devoured. So I'm looking for some ideas in this forum.

Thanks for sharing, I tried to smoke some country style pork ribs that I cut from a boneless butt. Not sure what I did wrong but they cam out really tough. But they were all devoured. So I'm looking for some ideas in this forum.
Thank you and good luck with your next attempt, what's so great is that most of the time even mistakes taste great.

My best pointers:

Go big, 3"x3"
Look for high fat
Brine them overnight
Smoke on foil
Go medium slow ~250° - 275°
Baste or spritz often
Pull at an IT of ~190° for slicing

Thank you and good luck with your next attempt, what's so great is that most of the time even mistakes taste great.

My best pointers:

Go big, 3"x3"
Look for high fat
Brine them overnight
Smoke on foil
Go medium slow ~250° - 275°
Baste or spritz often
Pull at an IT of ~190° for slicing
True, I was hoping for leftovers but it was not to be. Thanks for the tips. Will definitely brine them next time, cook on the smoker for a couple of hours or so and then in foil for the remainder time. I think I pulled too soon as we were running late for a late lunch last July 4th hungry crowd.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky