Costellos and tenderloins ready for smoke...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll use RPG if available if I smell skunk in my backyard....lol....to manny times had to wash my dog after being hit by skunk and it is PITA....

Last edited:
never mind costellos... they ate easy to make.... tenderloins are different storytelling.... beside good taste tenderloins have to have that special cherry red color to highlight themselves on charcuterie board.... and, this pic, down below shows it is only half way smoked.... next 3 smoke sessions goes on cherry wood... but what does it give deep red colour? It is Hungarian deep smoked paprika dust you need to sprinkle and coat tenderloins....
BTW.... did you ever try to deep smoke Hungarian pepper, crush it down to powder?.... it is God given spice.....
20191108_205154.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to stop cold smoking after day four... nice dark red colour..... back to cold cellar to dry and age till ribs bones clearly visible under the meat.... 2 - 3 weeks will do.... red colour will gradually turn in to deep dark red colour as costellos and tenderloins dry and age...
same for tenderloins...drying and aging until "firm" soften....
20191110_071447.jpg
20191110_071500.jpg

Awesome display of meats, wine and gear. No wonder you need firearms to protect them. :-)
Do you have a humidifier in the cold room or only measuring RH?
Prosciutto willbe hanging for a while but the ribs and tenders will be ready soon. Looking forward to pics when dried.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky