Coronavirus doldrums

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dubob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Mormon Mecca
Since Utah's Governor, in his infinite idiocy, issued a 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' Directive that won't even let me go fishing by myself in a State Park, I've been firing up the pellet pooper. This was Thursday nights dinner (or super if you prefer). Life could be better, but it ain't too bad.

P1010389[1].JPG

P1010390[1].JPG

P1010391[1].JPG

Yup looks good from my stay at home life . Wish I had some ribs to smoke .
Love the color on the ribs , and I could eat beans , rice and corn bread any time .

Love the color on the ribs , and I could eat beans , rice and corn bread any time .
Funny how things are different. Last time I went to the grocery they were out of a lot of things but there was a whole case full of ribs.
Go figure...

Fine looking plate there Bob, Like! Maybe we'll run into each other at Flaming Gorge this summer, if the GC's aren't shut down and the launch ramps blocked off. All we can do is wait. RAY

Cleaning out and rearranging some kitchen cupboards so as to disorientate my bride - :emoji_laughing: - I discovered a bag of wild rice hidden from view waaaay back in a bottom shelf corner. I did an instant pot cook on those this afternoon and served them up covered in Italian Sausage spaghetti sauce and meat balls. I've never tried that before, but I WILL be doing it again. And now we have about 5 cups of cooked wild rice in the fridge just waiting to be added to some exotic dish or three. I'm thinking smoked sand hill crane breast served up with some thick mushroom soup mixed with some wild rice. I might have to pick up some more asparagus to go with it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Great looking vittles.
You're a brave soul messing with the other half. Good Luck

Minnesota Governor ordered the same directive starting today for the next 2 weeks.
Wife and I side stepped that by a shopping venture today.
Got a pack of baby backs at Sam's. Going on the pellet pooper tomorrow.
Not an asparagus fan? I noticed you missed wishing for them.

I did my first ever whole chicken yesterday. I looked at several Internet recipes on how to do this and ended up KISS. I set the pellet grill for LO SMOKE (160*F) and put the rubbed chicken on a Camp Chef TURKEY CANNON INFUSION ROASTER. I didn't put any liquid in the tube. That was placed on a cookie sheet and then on the grill. I added the smoke tube as well. After 2 hours at LO SMOKE, I bumped the temp up to 350*F to bring the internal temp up to 165*F. That only took about 45 minutes to achieve. Sorry, no pictures on this one.
frown.png
1586180703814.gif

We finished off both legs and wings for dinner last night and we'll do a huge chicken salad tonight using the breast meat. The meat was done to perfection; melt in your mouth tender and very juicy. Every bit as good as any store cooked bird and at less cost. We will definitely be doing this more often. Now I'll be looking at chicken sale adds for whole chickens as well as pieces parts. Life could be better - but it ain't bad.
cool.png
1586180703860.gif

Reactions: Steff3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky